Amazon Photos is not officially available in the Roku Channel Store, so we will use the screen mirror option to get Amazon Photos on Roku. Stay tuned until the end to learn How to Get Amazon Photos on Roku.
Table of Contents
Amazon Photos is a cloud storage application previously known as Amazon Cloud, where you can backup, file sharing, photo printing, and secure cloud storage. Even if you are not a prime member, you can still have free 5GB space to keep a backup of your photos and files. Unfortunately, Amazon Photos is available in a few selected countries like the US, Germany, Canada, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and Australia.
You can also share your photos and even print them straight away from the application. Although it offers 5GB of free space, its subscription starts from $1.99/Month, and then the price range expands concerning storage size. You can install the Amazon Photos application on your Android smartphone or Apple iPhone from the respective app store. Now that you have a basic idea about Amazon Photos let me guide you about How to get Amazon Photos on Roku.
How to Get Amazon photos on Roku
Amazon Photos is not officially available in the Roku Channel store; there is only one option to get on Roku: Screen mirroring. We will cast Amazon Photos for Android users, and for iPhone users, we will use Apple AirPlay.
Cast Amazon Photos on Roku using Android
To cast Amazon Photos using your Android smartphone, you must first enable the Screen Mirror option on your Roku from the settings.
Enable Screen Mirroring
- On your Roku device, go to Settings.
- In Settings, head to the Screen Mirroring option.
- Tap on Screen Mirroring and then tap on enable.
- Then, choose either the Prompt or Always allow option.
- On your Android smartphone, install Amazon Photos from the Google Play Store.
- Make sure to connect your smartphone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe down the notification panel on your Android.
- Tap on the Cast option and select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Finally, Amazon Photos on your smartphone will be mirrored to your Roku-Connected TV.
AirPlay Amazon Photos on Roku using iPhone
First of all, enable AirPlay on your Roku device from Settings. To do so, follow the very next section of the article.
Enable Apple AirPlay
- Go to Settings on your Roku Settings.
- Select the Apple AirPlay and Homekit.
- Click on the AirPlay option and choose the Required Code.
- Finally, click on the First Time Only option from the list.
- Download Amazon Photos on your iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- Once installed, ensure your iPhone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Access your control center on your iPhone.
- Click on the Screen Mirroring option.
- It will ask for a security code. Enter the code.
- Finally, your iPhone will connect to your Roku device. Now you can view Amazon Photos on Roku using Apple AirPlay.
If you have photos and videos backed up in Amazon Photos and want to enjoy them on a bigger screen, then this article will surely help you. These are the only two ways that you can use to get Amazon Photos on Roku. If Amazon Photos is available in the Roku Channel store anytime sooner or later, then screen mirroring won’t be of use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I view my Amazon Photos on my TV?
With the help of Screen mirroring, you can view Amazon Photos on your TV.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my Roku?
You can mirror your iPhone screen to Roku using the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit tools you can access from the Roku Settings.
Is Amazon Photos free with Amazon Prime?
Yes, Amazon Photos is free with an Amazon Prime video subscription.