The latest casting device from Google is now compatible with Apple Airplay. Using this feature, you can mirror your iPhone’s screen to TV and cast anything to the bigger screen. Keep up with this article until the end, and you will be able to enable Apple Airplay on Google TV.
Table of Contents
About Apple Airplay
Apple Airplay is a very exciting feature of Apple devices with the help of which you can play your iOS content on any of the available Airplay compatible devices. With the feature of Apple Airplay, you can wirelessly cast audio, video, and more from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to compatible smart TV provided that both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Apple Airplay features work exactly the same as Google’s Chromecast. Not only you can cast content, but you can also use Airplay to mirror your device’s screen to mirror any random application that could be a website, a presentation, or any miscellaneous app. The current version of Apple Airplay is called Airplay 2.0 with noticeable features of multi-room audio, HomeKit integration, Siri voice commands, and a Control Center interface.
Now here is the real question, “Does Google TV support Apple AirPlay?”. The answer is “Yes it does”. Now in order to Turn on Apple Airplay on Google TV, there are two methods. Both of them are mentioned below in detail.
How to Turn on Apple Airplay on Google TV
- Under Settings >> select Network & Internet >> choose Wi-Fi.
- Press Source button on the remote >> select Edit >> click AirPlay under Inputs | Edits.
Pre-setup on Google TV to use Airplay
- First of all, connect the Google TV device to your smart TV via an HDMI port.
- Then turn on both, your smart TV and Google TV.
- Make sure that both of these devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now press the “Source” button on your Google TV remote.
- Using Google TV remote, navigate to the Edit tab and then head to the source input.
- Here, select Airplay and then AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Ensure that you have enabled the Airplay feature.
- That’s it, you have enabled the Apple AirPlay on Google TV.
Check Out: How to Fix Google Chromecast Not Showing Up
How to Screen Mirror iOS devices to Google TV
- From the iOS Control Center, select the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Choose Google TV >> navigate to the screen on iOS to mirror the same to your Google TV.
Once you enable AirPlay on your Google TV, it is very easy to mirror the screen of your iOS device on any smart TV.
- Make sure that you have connected your iOS device and Google TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe down on your iPhone to access the control center.
- Then tap on screen mirroring.
- It will search for available devices, select your Google TV from the list of available devices.
- Finally, your iOS device screen will be mirrored to your TV.
- Whatever activity you perform on your smartphone will be mirrored on your TV and hence you can watch it on a bigger screen.
This is how you can turn on Apple Airplay on Google TV and then use it for mirroring your phone.
It is possible to screen mirror any content to Google TV from the app that is AirPlay compatible. To carry out this, tap the AirPlay or Share icon on the respective app to begin the screen sharing.
How to AirPlay Mac to Google TV
- Hit the AirPlay icon on the menu bar to enable it >> highlight System Preferences >> Displays.
- Turn On AirPlay Display >> turn off Show mirroring options in the menu bar. Click AirPlay on the menu bar >> choose Google TV.
- Once you start your Mac, tap on the AirPlay icon near the menu bar.
- If you can’t locate Airplay, first enable it from the display settings.
- To turn on AirPlay from the display settings, go to System Preferences > Displays > Turn on Airplay. Additionally, don’t forget to check the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” option.
- Once you have enabled Airplay, you will see a list of available devices. Select your device and then tap on it to connect.
- Any content you play on your Mac will be played on your Google TV.
This is truly an amazing feature because it doesn’t seem like a cold war between Google and Apple. You will enjoy using Apple AirPlay on Google TV because of the freedom to cast anything on your TV. If you are unable to connect to Apple Airplay, you must ensure that Google TV and iOS devices are updated to the latest versions for compatibility reasons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you AirPlay on Google TV?
Yes, you can use Apple AirPlay on Google TV and also use it for mirroring purposes. You have to first enable it from the Google TV settings.
Can you AirPlay from iPhone to Google TV?
Yes, you can AirPlay from iPhone to Google TV either directly or by using applications like Chromecast Streamer.
Does Chromecast with Google TV have AirPlay?
Yes, Chromecast with Google TV does have AirPlay. If you can’t find the option by default, then check out the settings and enable it.