Table of Contents
- 1 Apple Music
- 2 How to Listen to Apple Music on Firestick
- 3 Alternate Ways to stream Apple Music on Firestick
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Apple Music is a stock Apple product where you get unlimited access to millions of tracks, curated playlists, and original content from the artists you know and love. It is available for free and has an ad-free subscription-based service as well where the basic plan costs $9.99/Month. If you want to go for the family subscription plan, you will get five simultaneous streams for $14.99/Month.
You can download your favorite music so that you can listen to that music offline. With Apple Music, you can create your playlist and share it with your friends. You can stream Apple Music not only on iOS devices but also on streaming devices like Amazon Firestick. In order to stream Apple Music on Firestick, you need to link Apple Music with Alexa and then set up Alexa with Amazon Firestick.
Let me show you step by step How to Stream Apple Music on Firestick without wasting any further time.
How to Listen to Apple Music on Firestick
There are two ways that you can use to stream Apple Music on Firestick. The first one is to link Apple Music with Alexa and then set up Alexa with the Firestick. The second method is to convert Apple music to Firestick supported format and then upload it to Plex Media Server or Amazon Music to stream.
Set Up Apple Music With Alexa
- First of all, you have to make sure that you have subscribed to Apple Music.
- On your phone, install Apple Music and launch it.
- Install Amazon Alexa on your phone as well.
- Once installed, open Amazon Alexa on your phone and log in to your Amazon account that you use on Firestick.
- Tap on the menu icon and then choose Settings.
- In the Settings, select Music and then tap on Link New Service.
- There you will find multiple available services, choose Apple Music.
- On the next screen, click on “Enable To Use” and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Once you are done with it, tap the Allow button. Additionally, also tap Done on the next screen that tells Apple Music is successfully linked.
- Go to Settings again and select Music Settings. Select “Apple Music” as the default music library and also the default station.
Connect Alexa with Firestick
- Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Open Settings and then head to the TV & Video Option.
- Click on Fire TV or Firestick on the next screen.
- From there, click on the “Link your Alexa device” option.
- It will initiate a scan for available Firestick devices on your smartphone.
- Choose your Firestick device from the list of available devices and click on continue.
- It is possible that you might have more than one Alexa device. So better name all the devices in a unique way that doesn’t get confusing.
- After you have selected your Alexa Device, tap on the Link Devices option.
- Now press and hold the Alexa mic button on the remote and command Alexa. Say “Alexa, play XYZ music from Apple Music.”
- Finally, it will start playing music and you will be able to stream Apple Music on Firestick. You can also use the commands like Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Stop Music, etc.
Alternate Ways to stream Apple Music on Firestick
- Download and install the Sidify Music Converter on your PC.
- It is the same as that of Apple Music with respect to UI.
- Open it and then click on Add button.
- You will find your iTunes library there. Select songs that you want to convert.
- After that, choose your desired output format.
- Once your files are converted into the desired format, you can upload them to Amazon Music or Plex Server connected to Firestick.
- Now open the app and you can stream content from Apple Music.
Apple Music can be linked with Firestick using Alexa because there is no standalone application of Apple Music for Firestick. In order to stream Apple Music on Firestick, you have to install additional applications either on your smartphone or your PC for converting files to Firestick supported format. I hope this tutorial about How to Stream Apple Music on Firestick is helpful. If you have any queries, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apple Music and iTunes the same?
Both are different iTunes is just a file manager that allows you to organize and manage music on your iOS devices. While Apple Music is a music streaming service containing millions of songs.
Can I play Apple Music through Alexa?
Yes, you can easily play Apple Music through Alexa. In fact, it is a great way to stream Apple Music on Firestick as well.
Is Apple Music free on Firestick?
Apple Music comes with two plans like basic plan costs $9.99/Month and the family plan costs $14.99/Month.