Table of Contents
Overview of Audible
Audible is an audio-based platform that allows you to have access to a huge audio library of books, stories, podcasts, movies, series, and many more. Although Audible is a paid platform, you can try the free trial for 30 days if you are a first-time user.
With Audible, you can build your own Library and listen to titles from the entire premium selection. You will also get unlimited access to fresh audio content, with new listens added to the Catalog every single week. It comes in multiple languages like English, Spanish, Japanese, French, Italian, German, and more.
Audible has no official Roku Channel, if you are thinking of using Audible on Roku, then let me show you different ways to use your smartphone may it be Android or iPhone.
- First of all, connect your Roku device to your TV.
- Then make sure that the casting device (Android or iOS smartphone) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Roku device, allow “Screen Mirroring”. follow below path to do so;
Settings >> Screen Mirroring >> Screen Mirroring Mode >> Always Allow.
Audible on Roku using Android
- First of all, download Audible App from Google Play Store and install it on your phone.
- Then go to settings on your smartphone.
- In settings, go to connection and sharing. It may vary from device to device. Some devices may show “Bluetooth and Sharing” etc.
- Then choose “Cast” option furthermore. Your device may be showing Multi-screen interaction.
- Turn on ScreenCast option. You may have cast/smart view/multi-screen option, turn it on.
- Once you turn it on, you will see a list of available Roku devices. Select your Roku device.
- Now on your Android smartphone, launch the Audibel application, and start streaming audio books.
Audible on Roku using iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the Apple App Store and download Roku Screen Mirroring + Cast app.
- Once installed, launch the app and select your Roku device out of list of available devices.
- Shorlty, it will prompt you to open Mirror for Roku channel in your Roku.
- Then open channel on your Roku device. If you don’t find the channel, it will automatically direct you to Roku Channel store to add channel.
- Click on “Add Channel” to add Mirror to Roku on your channel list.
- Now open the Mirror for Roku channel on your Roku device.
- Select your Roku device and then click on Allow Notifications.
- On your iOS device, tap on Start Mirroring.
- Finally click on Start Broadcasting to mirror your Roku device.
- Open Audible app on your iPhone and play the content you love.
- You will be abel to listen that content on your Roku device as well.
I hope our guide about “How to use Audible on Roku” is helpful and easy to understand. using these ways, you can Cast Audible to Roku. Audible is currently not available in the Roku Channel list and this is why you have to use your smartphone to play Audible on Roku.
If you have any queries about How to use Audible on Roku, you can reach out to us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I use Audible on Roku directly?
Unfortunately not. You will have to use your smartphone to cast Audible to Roku.
Is Audible available on Google Play store?
Yes, you can download it from the Google Play Store directly. If you are an iPhone user, you can download it from Apple App Store.
Is Audible free on Roku?
You can stream Audible for free just for one month. After that, you will have to buy a subscription.