If you want to play Android games on your PC, you need to install Bluestacks, and I will show you how you can install Bluestacks on Windows. Follow this article until the end and you will have an idea of how you can install Bluestacks on Windows and enjoy games and apps.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bluestacks?
- 2 Features of Bluestacks on Windows
- 3 Reason for installing Bluestacks on Windows 10
- 4 System Requirements to Download Bluestacks on Windows 10
- 5 Steps to follow
- 6 How to upgrade from a previous Bluestacks version on Windows 10
What is Bluestacks?
The BlueStacks App Player is a cloud-based, cross-platform application and is one of the best and most mainstream Android emulators available in the market. Bluestacks is compatible with a wide variety of games, as well as numerous tools and features that can significantly improve your experience when gaming especially on your PC.
One of the best things about BlueStacks is that you can get to run multiple BlueStacks accounts and play all your favorite games or make use of your favorite apps, all at the same time. Bluestacks comes with an impressive user interface that is super clean and easy to use. Everything you need is present on the left-hand side of your screen.
If you are a macOS user, you can install Bluestacks on macOS as well by following all these simple steps.
Features of Bluestacks on Windows
- It comes with Game Controls where you can play with preset controls or customize them at your own convenience.
- With the shooting mode feature, you can improve your aim and reaction time with the keyboard, and mouse.
- It comes with a multi-instance feature, which allows you to play multiple games simultaneously.
- It also supports Multi-Instance Sync, which means that you can replicate actions in multiple instances in real-time.
- With its macros, you can record and replay actions with a single keypress.
- If you think Bluestacks is using too much of your PC’s processor, you can easily optimize PC usage when running multiple instances with its Eco Mode feature.
- Now you can play Android games in your local language with its real-time translation feature.
- You can also create your own script which will allow you to automate repetitive in-game tasks.
- If you have a high-end specs PC, then you can enable higher frame rates for smoother gameplay.
Reason for installing Bluestacks on Windows 10
There can be multiple reasons for installing an Android emulator on your PC but some of the most popular reasons are listed below.
- You can enjoy all your favorite Android or iOS games on a bigger screen of your PC.
- Another potential reason can be any application that is yet not available in Windows but only Android, in such case Bluestacks is very useful.
- One of the major reasons for using Bluestacks is that if you are a developer, then you can use Bluestacks for testing your newly created application for free.
- Most of our smartphones come with limited storage, so if you are facing low storage issues on your smartphone, you can install all your favorite applications on Bluestacks using the memory storage of your PC.
- If you are a gaming lover, then you will enjoy playing games on Bluestacks which provides easy controls with your mouse and keyboard.
System Requirements to Download Bluestacks on Windows 10
You can install Bluestacks on a system with minimal quotations but Bluestacks is heavy software and it is recommended to install Bluestacks on Windows 10 with good specs. Anyways, below is the breakdown of both Minimum and Standard system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 and/or above.
- Intel or AMD Processor.
- Your PC must have at least 4GB of RAM.
- 5GB Free Disk Space.
- You must be the Administrator of your PC.
- Updated graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor.
Recommended System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 (With recent updates installed).
- Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor with Single Thread PassMark score > 1000.
- Any Dedicated graphic card like Intel/Nvidia/ATI with a PassMark score >= 750.
- 8GB or Higher RAM
- A good stable broadband connection
- Updated graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor
Steps to follow
Downloading Bluestacks on Windows 10
- First of all, you need to visit Bluestack’s official website to download it.
- Once you are on the download page, you need to select “Download BlueStacks” to get the latest version.
- Once the downloading is complete, launch the installer.
- Wait for a few minutes until the installation is complete, and Bluestacks will launch automatically.
- Note that you can Install by clicking on the “Customize Installation” option on the installation page, in order to change your preferred location for the installation.
Setting Up Google Account
- Once your Blustacks installation is complete, and it is launched
- You need to log in to the Google Play store in order to install applications or games
- It is simple, just you will be prompted to link a Google account
- Click on sign in after giving your credentials
- You are good to go and now you can install any app or game on your PC.
How to upgrade from a previous Bluestacks version on Windows 10
Bluestacks updates its emulator every now and then, and the latest version you have, the better it will perform. So if you have already installed a previous version of Bluestacks, you need to follow the below steps in order to update to the latest one.
- Open your currently installed Bluestacks version.
- If any update is to be installed, it will automatically prompt on your screen.
- Click on update now, and wait for a while.
- After that, your Bluestacks will reboot and you will have the latest version of Bluestacks on your PC.