Table of Contents
What is CCleaner?
CCleaner is an outstanding application famous especially for cleaning the C drive in PCs. It is considered as the no.1 Tool for cleaning your PC to speed it up & secure it. Not only for PCs, but Ccleaner is also famous in smartphones because managing data and deleting the temporary files manually is a very tough job.
When it comes to streaming devices like Firestick, it will store temporary files like cache, cookies, browsing history, hence occupying our free space and making it slow to operate. In order to clean the cache of your Firestick, you need to install CCleaner for Firestick, and we will show you two different ways of installing a CCleaner for Firestick.
The official CCleaner application is already available in the Amazon App Store while the controls are tweaked to the streaming device UI. Once you install CCleaner for Firestick, you won’t need to worry about manually deleting the temporary files because CCleaner does it with a single click.
Installation Steps of CCleaner for Firestick
(1) Switch on your Firestick and navigate to the search icon on the top left of your screen.
(2) Type “CCleaner” in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
(3) Choose the CCleaner application from the search results.
(4) You may see a Get or Download option. Tap on it, and wait for the application to download and then install it.
(5) Tap on the Open icon to launch the CCleaner application on your Firestick.
(6) Once you launch the application, simply follow the on-screen procedure to clean the temporary files.
Using Alternate Way to install CCleaner for Firestick
If for some reason, you can’t find the CCleaner app on Amazon App Store, you can try the alternative method. First of all, you will need to install the Downloader app and then turn on the feature by following the steps below.
Unknown Sources (Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On)
(1) Once you install the downloader app, launch it.
(2) Go to the search bar and enter the CCleaner app download link.
(3) It will lead you to download the apk file of CCleaner. Tap on the install button on the installation screen.
(4) Open the CCleaner application once it is installed.
(5) Follow the steps on your screen and you will be able to delete the temporary files on your Firestick.
Screenshots Courtesy: Streamingtrick
If you feel your Firestick device is taking more time to load then it is time to Install CCleaner for Firestick because the unwanted temporary files need to be deleted. It is recommended to use the Firestick only for streaming purposes and not install applications that are not already on Amazon App Store. Moreover, stream content directly from platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video rather than downloading it.
If you ever need to install CCleaner on your Firestick, then it is recommended to clean temporary files at least once a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean up apps on Firestick?
With the help of CCleaner for Firestick, you can easily delete and clean all the temporary files.
2. Is it recommended to clear the cache on Fire Stick?
Yes, it is better to clear the cache files frequently. These cache files will slow down your Firestick. This is why it is better to install CCleaner for Firestick.
3. Why is my Firestick so slow?
If you feel that your Firestick is too slow, it may be due to the temporary files. Now it is time to install the CCleaner app and remove all the temporary files stored on your device.