Table of Contents
What is Discord?
Discord is basically a voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) used for instant messaging particularly famous among gamers. It is so famous that it has over 350 million users all over the world. It is available for all kinds of platforms. There are dedicated Discord apps for Windows, Android, and iOS that make connectivity very easy regardless of device type.
With Discord, you can easily communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, and sharing media files in private chats. You can Chromecast Discord and today’s article is all about it.
How to Discord Chromecast
There are three ways that will help you Chromecast discord and these are by using your Android smartphone, iOS-powered device, and Windows PC. One thing should be clear Discord doesn’t have cast support so we will make use of the mirror feature to Chromecast Discord.
How to Discord Chromecast using Android
(1) Make sure that your Android smartphone and your Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Download the Discord app from the Google Play Store, install it, and then launch it.
(3) Then swipe down the notification panel on your phone.
(4) Select the cast screen option.
Keep it in mind that the Screen Cast option may vary according to your device manufacturer. You should know the name of the icon according to your device.
(5) You will see a list of available devices. Select your Chromecast device out of that list.
(6) Finally your Android screen will be mirrored on your TV. You can now use Discord on the bigger screen of your TV.
How to Discord Chromecast using iOS
(1) the First rule is to make sure that your iOS device and Chromecast must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Download the Replica app that we will use for screen mirroring from the Apple App Store.
(3) Once downloaded, install the application, open it and then click on continue in the prompt.
(4) Select the Chromecast device that you want to connect.
(5) It will cast your screen on the TV. After that open the Discord application.
(6) This way you can view the Discord application on your TV screen. It is another way that you can use Chromecast Discord on your phone.
How to Discord Chromecast using PC
(1) On your PC launch the Google Chrome browser.
(2) Visit the official website of Discord, where you can either download the Windows application or continue with the browser. It is recommended to use the browser and sign in with your credentials.
(3) On the right upper corner of the Google Chrome browser, click on the three dots to enter the customize and control option.
(4) In the dropdown menu, click on the cast option.
(5) Choose your Chromecast device and click on the source dropdown menu.
(6) Select the option of Cast Tab from sources. It will only cast the tab having Discord open in it rather than the whole browser.
These are the easiest ways to Chromecast Discord using different devices. Although the basic application of Discord is free it also offers a subscription plan that costs $9.99/Month and $99.99/Year. The paid version has additional features like you can connect it to Spotify and YouTube. You can also send animated avatars, custom emojis, add GIFs to messages, and more.
If you face any problems while Chromecasting Discord, you can reach out to us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I download Discord for Mac?
Yes, it is available in the Apple App store for MAC PCs.
2. Is Discord free to use?
All the core features of Discord come free of cost. However, there is a monthly subscription plan called Nitro Classic, which offers you animated avatars, custom emojis, and much more.