Table of Contents
- 1 All About Facetime
- 2 Chromecast Facetime Video Calls
- 3 Steps to Cast Facetime to Chromecast
- 4 Wrapping Up
- 5 Frequenty Asked Questions
All About Facetime
Facetime is a very popular video-conferencing application that comes built-in with Apple products like iPhone and iPad. It allows 32 participants in a single call and is totally free. It offers video calls in amazing quality that is way better than other traditional video calling applications.
Although, Facetime is preinstalled on iPhone, still if you don’t find this application on your device, you can download it from the Apple App Store. What makes Facetime unique as compared to other video calling apps is the HD quality video calls and also you can send Animoji, stickers, and much more in your Facetime to make your call more interesting.
You can also cast your video calls to a bigger screen with the help of Chromecast and I will show you How to Chromecast Facetime in a very easy way. So let us start with Casting Facetime to Chromecast with no further delay.
Chromecast Facetime Video Calls
You can easily Cast Facetime to Chromecast with the help of a third-party application called Chromecast Streamer. The reason for using the third-party app is that Chromecast doesn’t provide native support for Facetime. This application is a paid one and you will have to pay $4.99/month or $19.99/lifetime, although it has 7 days trial and that is free.
Let us start with steps that you will follow to Chromecast Facetime.
Steps to Cast Facetime to Chromecast
(1) First of all, connect your Chromecast to TV, and make sure that Chromecast and iOS device are connected to the same internet connection.
(2) Now on your iOS device, go to the App Store and download Chromecast Streamer.
(3) Open the Chromecast Streamer app and choose your Chromecast device on the main screen.
(4) Once you select your Chromecast, click on connect. It will establish a connection between iOS and Chromecast.
(5) Select Screen Cast on the next screen.
(6) Set the video resolution and then tap the power button.
(7) Then click on the start broadcasting to confirm the process.
(8) Right after a few seconds, your iOS device will mirror on Chromecast-connected TV.
(9) Open the Facetime app on your iPhone or iPad and check if you are not logged in, then log in using your credentials.
(10) Tap the “+” icon and enter the details (either phone number or email) whom you want to call.
(11) Finally, click the video icon to start the call and your video will appear on the TV to which your Chromecast is connected. This way you can easily Chromecast Facetime.
Screenshots Courtesy: Techowns
Chromecasting Facetime is really fun because you can have a video conference call on a bigger screen. The app I have used in the tutorial is a paid one and you can use a replacement app as well called TV Mirror for Chromecast App. If you follow all the steps in the right way, you will be able to Cast FaceTime to Chromecast.
I hope this tutorial covers all the aspects, but if you find any issue while Casting Facetime to Chromecast, you can reach out to us via the comment section.
Frequenty Asked Questions
Can we use Facetime on Android?
No, Facetime is available only for iOS devices like iPhone and iPad.
Is Facetime preinstalled in iPhone?
Yes, it is always preinstalled on iPhone, but if you have accidentally deleted it, you can again download it from the Apple App store for free.
Is it safe to Cast Facetime to Chromecast?
Yes, it is completely safe Chromecasting Facetime. It is only mirroring screens that have no issues at all.
Is Chromecast Streamer the only app to Chromecast Facetime?
No, there are other applications on the Apple App Store like TV Mirror for Chromecast and Replica Mirror that you can use to Chromecast Facetime.