Table of Contents
Skype is a video/audio conferencing service where you can make group or individual calls. You can also use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide and with SMS Connect you can now also read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages right from your computer.
With Skype, you can make video calls in premium HD quality with up to 24 people at a time. It also offers chat features like sending messages to your friends, grabbing someone’s attention with “@ mentions”, or creating a group chat to plan a family reunion.
Similarly, you can also make voice calls via Skype or also call mobile and landlines at low rates. Skype application is available for most of the devices that possess a camera like Android smartphones, iOS devices, iPad, Tablets, PCs, Laptops, PlayStation, Xbox One, and smartwatches.
Most smart TVs nowadays also come with a built-in camera so you can install Skype on your Smart TV. If you don’t have a smart TV, then you can use the Google Chromecast device to watch your loved ones on your TV in a live video call. Let me show you different ways How you can Chromecast Skype to TV.
Unfortunately, Skype is not compatible with Chromecast so you won’t find the “Cast” option within the Skype app. So you will have to use the Screen Mirroring features to Chromecast Skype to TV. Before proceeding with the Chromecast procedure, you will need to do the following steps.
- Connect your Chromecast device with your TV using the HDMI port.
- Connect your smartphone and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
Check Out: How to Chromecast BBC America & How to Chromecast Sky Sports App
How to Chromecast Skype using Google Home App
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- If your Chromecast device is turned on, it will appear on the Home screen of the Home App. Select your Chromecast device.
- The device screen will open. Here you will find the “Cast My Screen” option at the bottom of your screen. Tap on that option.
- After that, a pop-up will appear stating “Cast to mirror device”, now click on Cast Screen.
- Once you click on “Cast Screen”, it will pop up another message that says “Expose Sensitive Info while Casting”, click on “Start Now” to proceed.
- Finally, you will be able to watch your smartphone’s screen on your TV.
Please keep in mind that the person you are calling, his video will be streaming on your TV. You have to use your phone’s mic and camera to convey your voice and picture to that person, not your TV’s mic.
Chromecast Skype using PC
All you need to have is a laptop or Desktop with a camera in it to Chromecast Skype using your PC.
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Right-click on your screen, and then select the “Cast” option.
- It will start searching for available Chromecast devices.
- Once you select your device, click on the sources tab and then click on “Cast Tab”.
- Finally, your current Google Chrome tab will be displayed on your TV. Now visit the official website of Skype and log in using your credentials.
As I said for mobile applications, the same goes for your laptop. You will be able to see the video of your recipient on your TV, but still, you need to use your laptop for interactive support like a mic and camera.
Skype is one of my favorite applications for video calls due to its seamless application and amazing video quality. You can also use live emoticons while you are in the video chat. As far as voice calls are concerned, it allows making voice calls to landline and mobile devices at very low prices.
I hope this article about “How to Chromecast Skype to TV” is helpful and if you have any queries, you can reach out to us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Question
Can you Skype on Chromecast?
Yes, you can. Open the Skype website on your Chrome browser. Log in to your account and right-click on your screen and select the Cast option.
Can you cast Skype to a TV?
You can easily cast Skype to TV with the help of Google Chromecast using the screen mirroring feature either on your PC or Smartphone.
Can I video call on Chromecast?
It is possible to Chromecast video calls using video calling applications like Skype provided that your Chromecast and smartphone are connected on the same Wi-Fi network.