Table of Contents
- 1 About CNN
- 2 How to watch CNN on Samsung Smart TV?
- 3 How to activate CNN on Samsung Smart TV?
- 4 Alternate methods to watch CNN
- 5 Final Words
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
CNN is the abbreviation of Cable News Network and as the name suggests, it comprises a news channel that broadcasts international news. It is a pay-TV channel and is also famous for being the first all-news channel in the US. It has 10 sister channels that deal with news for different nations.
It also offers video-on-demand service but that is limited to US customers only. With the CNN app, you can experience the world of breaking news through in-depth stories, photo galleries, and news clips. If you have a smart TV you can install CNN on Samsung Smart TV using the smart hub and the apps section.
CNN Go is basically a streaming service from CNN that is an OTT platform allowing users to access CNN, CNN International, and HLN from any region rather than watching it from TV. With CNN Go, you can watch free clips and replay bulletin, on-demand movies, and originals of HLN.
CNN Go is free if you have Satellite and Cable TV Provider credentials to log in to your CNN TV. CNN Go is also available on other streaming services like Hulu + Live TV and Sling TV meaning that the city may vary as per the streaming service you opt for.
How to watch CNN on Samsung Smart TV?
CNN Go is supported on Samsung Smart TV. So you can easily install CNN on Samsung Smart TV from the apps section. Follow the below method to install and watch CNN on Samsung Smart TV.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to an internet connection.
- Sign in to your Samsung Account.
- On your Samsung Smart TV remote, press the Home/Smart Hub button.
- Go to the Apps section on the next screen.
- Tap on the search icon and write “CNN” using the onscreen keyboard.
- From the search result, select CNN app and click on the install button.
- Wait for a while, and finally, CNN will be installed on Samsung Smart TV.
How to activate CNN on Samsung Smart TV?
Once you install CNN on Samsung Smart TV, you need to activate it as well else you won’t be able to stream its content.
- Once the application is installed, open CNN Go on Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to “Settings” and then click on “Activate”.
- It will display a code on your screen, note it down.
- Open any browser either on your smartphone or PC and enter the URL “www.cnngo.com/activate/samsungtv“
- You will see a screen asking you to write the code that appeared on your TV screen.
- Once you enter the activation code, click on the “Continue to Verify” button.
- Further, select the TV provider that offers CNN on Samsung Smart TV.
- Once found, sign in with your TV provider credentials.
- Finally, after the verification, you will be able to stream content of CNN on Samsung Smart TV using CNN Go App.
Alternate methods to watch CNN
There are methods other than cable TV providers to stream CNN on Samsung Smart TV. The other streaming services that allow you to watch CNN Go without a cable TV subscription include Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, and AirTV.
Moreover, you can use any of the streaming devices like Chromecast, Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, and Android TV to watch CNN on Samsung Smart TV rather than installing CNN Go app on your Smart TV.
CNN is a decades-old news streaming service and is world-famous for its outstanding services all over the world. With CNN Go, you can have all the video clips for free and replay the bulletins. I hope this tutorial about How to watch CNN on Samsung Smart TV is helpful. If you have any queries about it, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I watch CNN on my Samsung TV?
Install the CNN Go application from the Apps Section and activate it as mentioned above, and you will be able to watch CNN App on Samsung TV.
Can I download CNN on my smart TV?
To access CNN content, you can easily download the CNN Go app from the App Store of your smart TV. Moreover, you can also use streaming devices to watch CNN Go on your smart TV.
Is CNN on Samsung TV plus?
Yes, CNN is available on Samsung TV Plus. In fact, other apps like Vevo Pop and SuperToons TV are also built-in.