Crunchyroll is not available in LG TV App Store
- Casting Crunchyroll App: Install Crunchyroll app >> Launch >> Tap Cast or AirPlay icon >> Select LG Smart TV >> Stream anime on LG TV..
- Using LG TV Plus app: Install LG TV Plus app >> Launch >> Set up >> Enable Screen Mirroring >> Open Crunchyroll app >> Watch Crunchyroll content.
- Cast from Google Chrome: Visit Crunchyroll website >> sign in >> Right-Click >> Cast >> select LG Smart TV >> Sources >> Cast tab >> Start streaming.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Crunchyroll
- 2 Plans & Pricing
- 3 How to Install Crunchyroll on LG TV?
- 4 Cast Via Google Chrome Browser
- 5 An alternative way of Watching Crunchyroll on LG TV
- 6 Can you Install Crunchyroll on an Old Model of LG TV?
- 7 Final Words
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
Crunchyroll is a streaming platform famous for anime. It has over 1,000 titles ranging from past seasons to new episodes fresh from Japan, including critically acclaimed Crunchyroll Original as well. Crunchyroll is available in multiple languages including Crunchyroll is available in English, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, French, Portuguese, and Arabic.
The most popular shows on Crunchyroll are Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Platinum End, The World’s Finest Assassin, Destiny, 86 EIGHTY-SIX, plus classics like BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS, One Piece, JUJUTSU KAIZEN, Attack on Titan, Black Clover, and Naruto Shippuden.
Crunchyroll is available for multiple devices like Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One & 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Roku, and FireStick. Today we will find out how to install and watch Crunchyroll on LG TV using multiple methods.
Plans & Pricing
Although Crunchyroll is a paid app, it also offers a free trial for new users. The free version has ads while the paid version doesn’t have any ads. Below are the details of all the plans offered by Crunchyroll.
The fan is the basic package offered by Crunchyroll. It costs $7.99/Month, and the free trial is valid for two weeks only. It doesn’t have any ads and it streams content in SD with the highest possible resolution of 480p.
The Mega Fan plan costs $9.99/Month and the free trial period is the same as that of Fan. You can stream videos in 720p resolution. The additional features are, that you can stream simultaneously on up to 4 devices and you can also stream offline rather than using SD.
The most premium package of the Crunchyroll app is Ultimate Fan which costs $14.99/Month. It is ad-free and the free trial in this plan is valid for two weeks only. Basically in the Ultimate Fan plan, you get all the features of Fan and Mega Fan. Moreover, you can stream simultaneously on 6 devices in this plan.
This is a slightly different plan where you will have access to anime, gaming, and cartoon channels costing you $9.99/Month. For this feature, you have to associate your Crunchyroll with your VRV Premium plan.
How to Install Crunchyroll on LG TV?
Unfortunately, Crunchyroll on LG TV is not officially available in the LG app store so we have to use the screencast method.
- Download the Crunchyroll application on your smartphone. You can easily download it from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Connect your smartphone and LG TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on your smartphone and log in to it.
- Tap the Cast icon (or AirPlay) on the top right corner of your screen.
- You will see a list of available devices, select your LG TV from that list.
- Now play any title and you will be able to watch the content of Crunchyroll on LG TV using the screencasting feature.
NOTE: The above method works on a few LG models only. If it doesn’t work for your LG TV, then try an alternate way of installing
Cast Via Google Chrome Browser
- Connect your PC and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Chrome browser and visit the official website of Crunchyroll.
- Sign in to your account, if prompted.
- Choose a video of your choice and right-click on the screen.
- Select the cast option from the menu
- It will search for Chromecast devices. Select Chromecast-connected LG TV.
- From the source menu, select Cast Tab.
- Your Crunchyroll video will be displayed on your LG smart TV.
An alternative way of Watching Crunchyroll on LG TV
- Install the LG TV Plus app on your smartphone. It is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Make sure that your LG Smart TV and your smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the LG TV Plus app on your smartphone and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
- Then enable the screen mirroring feature on LG TV Plus application.
- It will mirror your smartphone’s screen to your LG Smart TV.
- Now open the Crunchyroll application and play any title that you want.
- It will display the content of Crunchyroll on LG TV using the screen mirroring feature.
Can you Install Crunchyroll on an Old Model of LG TV?
If you have an old model LG TV, you won’t be able to install Crunchyroll on LG TV. If you want to watch Crunchyroll on LG TV whose model is old, you will need to have a streaming device like Firestick, Roku, or Chromecast.
If you already have any of the above-mentioned devices, it is quite easy to use them. Simply navigate to the respective app store and write “Crunchyroll” in the search bar. Download it from the list of available applications.
If you are an Anime lover, then Crunchyroll is a must-have application on your TV. As said earlier, Crunchyroll is not available in the app store of LG TV, so you have to use either the screencasting method or the screen mirroring method to watch Crunchyroll on LG TV. If the above-mentioned methods don’t work for you, ask us in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cast Crunchyroll on my LG TV?
Open the application and click on the Cast icon. If your LG TV is cast-supported, it will connect else you need an external device like Chromecast.
Is there any official Crunchyroll LG TV version?
Nope, there is no official Crunchyroll LG TV version. You have to cast the Android or iOS application to your LG TV Screen.