About Drop Box
Table of Contents
- 1 About Drop Box
- 2 Requirements to getting Dropbox on Apple TV
- 3 How to Get Dropbox on Apple TV?
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Dropbox is a cloud-based service that allows you to upload and transfer files to the cloud, and share them with anyone. It is just like Google Drive where you can back up and sync docs, photos, videos, and other files to cloud storage and access them from any device. One of the best features of DropBox is there is no limitation of size while sending documents over it.
Once you set up your Dropbox account, it automatically uploads videos and photos from your camera roll to cloud photo storage. You can also access more than 175 file types with Dropbox with no special software required and that too, offline. You can also scan documents, receipts, IDs, photos, and more using your mobile device and transform them into high-quality PDFs, so you can view and send them anywhere. Dropbox is available for Android and iOS and it also supports Chromecast so you can watch its content on your TV screen.
In this article, we will show you different ways for “How to Get Dropbox on Apple TV” using your iPhone and Mac PC. Before starting with the tutorial, please make sure you have all the pre-requisite in place.
Requirements to getting Dropbox on Apple TV
- Ready your Apple TV device and connect it to your smart TV
- Install Dropbox on your iPhone from the Apple App Store
- Connect your iPhone and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network
- Follow this tutorial until the end first, before starting your own setup
How to Get Dropbox on Apple TV?
Unfortunately, Dropbox is not officially available in the Apple App Store for Apple TV so we will be using the screen mirror option to watch Dropbox content on Apple TV. You can screen mirror Dropbox to Apple TV using iPhone or Mac PC.
Screen Mirror Dropbox from iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the Apple App Store and download the Dropbox application.
- Once downloaded, launch the application on your iPhone.
- Now access your control center by swiping down your finger and tapping on the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- It will search for devices and will display a list of available devices. Choose your Apple TV from the list.
- Now open Dropbox and open any file, and it will be displayed on your Apple TV.
Check Out: How to Watch Daily Wire on Apple TV
AirPlay Dropbox on Apple TV from Mac
- Click on the Apple menu icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” in the drop-down menu.
- In the System Preferences window, go to the “Displays” option.
- On the next screen, check the “Show Mirroring” option in the menu bar.
- Please keep in mind that if your Mac and Apple TV are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, then your connection won’t establish.
- Now click on the AirPlay icon on the top of the Mac PC. You can easily find it on your Mac.
- In the drop-down menu, select a device that you want to AirPlay.
- It will ask for a password on your Apple TV screen. Enter the code in the pop-up window that shows up on your Mac to mirror your Mac screen.
- Open the browser on your Mac and visit the official website of Dropbox.
- Finally, you will be able to see the content of Dropbox on Apple TV using your Mac PC.
Dropbox on Apple TV is a great source of enjoying your memories on a bigger screen. You can watch videos, photos, documents, and more using Dropbox on Apple TV. You can sync folders on your PC or Mac to Dropbox with computer backup, and recover older versions or restore deleted files with version history and file recovery. If you have any questions about How to Get Dropbox on Apple TV, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Dropbox on Apple TV?
Right now, you can’t use Dropbox on Apple TV directly because it’s not officially available for Apple TV. You may use the screen mirroring option.
How much does Dropbox cost?
Dropbox is free on a trial basis but to use it permanently, you have to pay $9.99 per month for Dropbox Plus, $16.58 per month for Dropbox professional, and $15 per month for the Dropbox standard.
How to use Dropbox on Apple TV 3?
Using the above-mentioned methods, you can either use iPhone or Mac PC to use Dropbox on Apple TV 3.