Overview of DSTV
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of DSTV
- 2 How to install DSTV Now on Samsung Smart TV
- 3 Wrapping Up
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
DStv Now is a video streaming platform that contains live channels for DStv customers. It was previously known as DSTV Now but now called DStv allows you to watch a selection of the most popular shows, sports, and movies. You can also download up to 25 videos on the DStv application that you can access across four devices.
You can also watch On-demand content depending on your DStv satellite broadcasting service subscription plan. If you already using the DStv satellite broadcasting service, the DSTV Now services are totally free. You can install DStv Now on Samsung smart TV using multiple ways. In today’s article, I will show you How to install DSTV Now on Samsung Smart TV.
How to install DSTV Now on Samsung Smart TV
There are multiple ways that you can use to install DStv Now on Samsung Smart TV. As the application is readily available on the Samsung smart TV, you can directly install it on your TV. You can also use Chromecast or AirPlay feature to watch DSTV Now on Smart TV. The first method is to directly install DSTV Now on Samsung Smart TV from the App Store.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and make sure that it is connected to the internet.
- Click the Home(Smart Hub) button on your remote.
- After that, hover on the Apps section and click on it.
- Once you are in the App section, click on the search icon and then write “DSTV Now” or “DSTV”.
- From the search results, click on the DSTV application and click on the install option to download the DSTV Now on Smart TV.
- Once the app is downloaded, launch the app on your smart TV and start streaming your favorite content.
Check out: How to use Zoom on Samsung Smart TV & How to download HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV
Stream DSTV on Samsung Smart TV using Chromecast
Although DSTV Now is available on Samsung Smart TV, due to space shortage on your Samsung Smart TV, or any other reason you might not want to install DSTV Now on Samsung Smart TV. In that case, you can use the Android application and Chromecast to stream content of DSTV Now on Smart TV.
- Download the DSTV app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV to the Chromecast dongle using the HDMI port. If your TV has built-in support for Chromecast, then ignore this step.
- Make sure that your Chromecast (Smart TV with built-in Chromecast) is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the DStv Now app on your smartphone.
- Play any content that you like on DStv Now.
- Then click on the Cast icon in the video player available in the upper right corner.
- It will display a list of available Chromecast devices. Choose your Chromecast device and start streaming content from your phone to DSTv Now on Samsung Smart TV.
Stream DSTV on Samsung Smart TV using AirPlay
- Download DStv Now on your iPhone. You can easily download it from the Apple App Store.
- Enable AirPlay feature on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch DStv Now app on your iPhone and play the content you like.
- Once your video is playing, click on the AirPlay icon on the media player. It will start a scan to discover nearby devices.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list, and finally, you will be able to watch DSTV Now on Samsung Smart TV using AirPlay.
DStv Now is a good platform to watch live TV and other entertainment stuff. It is available for a variety of devices including smart TVs. With DStv Kids, you can also use a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN-controlled access to enjoy the coolest shows and movies. If you have any queries about DSTV not working on Smart TV, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does DStv now work on Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, it comes with built-in support and you can directly download it from the store by accessing smart Hub.
How do I activate DStv now on my Samsung Smart TV?
Once you open DSTV on your Samsung smart TV, will appear a code on the screen. Go to now.dstv.com/tv, and provide that same code, and hence your DSTV will be activated.