About Firestick Remote
Table of Contents
- 1 About Firestick Remote
- 2 Reasons for Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow
- 3 How to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Just like other streaming devices, Amazon Firestick comes with a remote in the box. The Firestick remote is very helpful in the navigation of the device easily. There are different types of Amazon Firestick remotes depending on the model of Amazon Firestick. The remote comes with a sleek design and you can keep it as a USB pen drive. The dimensions of the Amazon Firestick remote are 5.6″ by 1.5″, which seems very compact.
On top of the voice search option is the microphone followed by a voice search with which you can control your TV with your voice. Then there is a circular ring that you can use for navigation, the outer circle is used for navigation while the inner side is used for selection. Then there are back, home, and menu buttons respectively. In the very next row, you get playback options including rewind, play/pause, and fast forward.
It is followed by a vertical button used for volume up and down and the last button is mute. As said earlier, your remote may be different as per your Firestick model, but the above description is on a generic basis.
Reasons for Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow
The Firestick TV Remote works perfectly fine but it may encounter certain issues where the most common is Yellow Blinking LED on your remote.
- The main reason for Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow is the connectivity issues between the remote and the Firestick device.
- It can also be due to a weak internet connection because you won’t be able to stream content on Firestick if your internet speed is sloppy.
- Another reason for Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow is battery health. It might indicate that the batteries are running out.
- If you haven’t updated Amazon Firestick’s firmware, consider updating it because outdated firmware of the Amazon Firestick device can also cause Yellow Blinking on the remote.
These are all the potential reasons that can cause Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow. I will address each and every issue with possible solutions in the article so that by the end of this article you will have enough knowledge about How to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow.
How to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow
Reset your router
If your Firestick TV Remote starts blinking yellow, the first step is to check your internet connection. If there is a problem with your internet, your remote won’t work properly so you have to reset your network.
- Assure that your router is plugged into a power source.
- On the back of your router, locate the reset button. It is usually a small button located near the power button.
- Press the reset button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Finally, release the button when the router turns on.
This will probably resolve the Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow issue if it doesn’t move to the next method and that is to update Firestick.
If resetting your router doesn’t fix your Firestick Remote Blinking Yellow issue, then try updating your Firestick firmware.
- On your Homescreen, click on the Settings icon to access Settings.
- Now click on My Fire TV and then navigate to the About section. If you don’t find the Device option, select System.
- In the System Settings, Select System update.
- You will see if any update is available, then click on the System Update option again.
- Wait a while and your device will be updated to the latest firmware. It will more likely resolve Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow issue.
Check Out: How to Factory Reset Amazon Firestick
Reset Firestick Remote
If updating your Firestick doesn’t resolve your issue, then reset your Firestick Remote because the Yellow Blinking LED is caused by the remote not connecting to your Firestick properly. To reset Firestick Remote, follow the below-given steps.
- Long press the Home button on the remote and then leave it.
- Press the menu button nine times.
- Then plug out the Firestick device from the power source and wait for around 60 seconds.
- Take out the batteries and after five seconds, insert them again into the remote.
- Finally, input your TV and when the Home screen appears, press and hold the Home button.
Note: If you have a 3rd gen Firestick Remote, you can use Alexa to reset it and then pair it again with your Firestick device.
Power Cycle your Firestick Device
The Firestick TV remote will blink yellow if the device is not connected properly to the TV or connected through a wrong HDMI Port. So to fix this, you have to power cycle your Firestick device.
- First of all, turn off your Firestick device.
- Then eject the Firestick device from the HDMI port.
- Wait for a few minutes and then connect the device to a different HDMI port.
- Finally, turn on your TV and check if your problem is solved.
Replace Remote Batteries
If the batteries in your Firestick Remote are drained out and not fully charged, you will get the Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow issue. So the best you can do is to replace the existing batteries with new ones to see if it works.
Using the above-mentioned solutions to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow, you will be able to resolve it and start using your remote that works properly. It is recommended to use rechargeable batteries in your remote as they are easy to recharge. If none of the above solves your problem, then it’s time to get a new Amazon Firestick TV Remote.
I hope this article about How to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow is helpful and do let us know in the comment section if it works for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Firestick remote blinking yellow?
Yellow light appears due to one of the following reasons, remote connectivity issues, low battery, or due to firmware-related issues.
What to do when the Amazon Fire Stick remote blinks yellow light 3 times?
If your Amazon Firestick starts blinking yellow light three times, then you should reset the remote and update your Firestick firmware.
How to pair Firestick Remote to TV?
In order to pair Firestick remote to the TV, follow the below-mentioned path
Settings >> Controllers & Bluetooth >> Amazon Fire TV Remote >> Press and hold the home button for 10 seconds and your remote will be paired to your Firestick device.