Google Play Movies
Table of Contents
Google Play Movies and TV is an entertainment platform from Google where you can watch thousand of movies, TV Shows and series. You can find movies of different categories as per you choice because all the movies are categorised. As it is compatible with multiple devices, you can sync your movies and TV shows from your Google Play account so you can watch them on an iOS device, on any HDTV using streaming devices.
You can either buy a movie or rent it out. Additionally, you will also get recommendations based on your choice. It is available for Android, iOS, and also some streaming devices. Speaking of streaming devices, Firestick is also one of them and fortunately, you can find Google Play Movies on Firestick’s official app store. Today, I will show you two different methods of installing Google Play Movies on Firestick.
How to install Google Play Movies on Firestick
Google Play Movies is available on Firestick and you don’t need any type of monthly subscription to watch content. Rather, you need to either purchase or buy your favorite title and you can access them offline as well from the library section. Google Play Movies on Firestick is renamed as Google TV in the US for the time being. Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn How to install Google Play Movies on Firestick.
- Go to your Firestick homescreen and then click on Find menu.
- Once the menu is extended further, click on the serach button.
- Write “Google Play Movies” using the on screen keyboard.
- Select “Google Play Movies” from the search result and then click on “Get” button.
- Wait for the installation to finish and then open the Google Play Movies.
- Sign in using your credentials.
- Finally, you will be able to either purchase or rent your favorite title and be able to watch Google Play Movies on Firestick TV.
Check Out: How to install Twitch on Firestick & How to download Instagram on Firestick
Alternate way to stream Google Play Movies on Firestick
If you face issues while installing Google Play Movies and TV on Firestick from the Amazon App Store, then you can use Sideload method to install the apk of Google Play Movies on Firestick. For this purpose, you have to enable “Apps from unknown sources” on your Firestick device.
- First of all, enable Apps from Unknown sources on your Firestick. To do so, follow the below path.
Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Turn On
- Now install Downloader app on your Firestick device and open it once it is installed.
- Once it is opened, provide the URL of Google Play Movies in the URL fied on its homescreen and then click on Go.
- Wait for the APK to download, and then click on Next and finally click on install button.
- It will initiate installation process, and once finished, open the Google Play Movies on Firestick.
- Sign in with your Google credentials.
- Now you can watch your favorite title on your Firestick connected TV.
Google Play Movies and TV is an amazing source of entertainment that allows you to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, and series all in one place and across multiple devices because it is synced. It has different categories of movies that you can watch. You can either buy or rent your favorite title on Google Play Movies.
I hope this tutorial about How to install Google Play Movies on Firestick is helpful, if you have any questions, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use Google Play on Firestick?
Yes, you can install Google Play Store on Firestick and then access tons of compatible Android apps on your Firestick.
How do I download Google Play on FireStick?
Go to the search icon on your Firestick, then write Google Play and search it. Select it from the search result and install it. For details, check out the above-given procedure.