Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of HBO Go
- 2 How to Install HBO Go on Firestick
- 3 Streaming HBO Go on Firestick using Screen Mirroring
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Overview of HBO Go
HBO Go is a streaming platform of the world-famous HBO that has provided some of the most amazing series like Game of Thrones, True Blood, The Leftovers, OZ, Broadwalk Empire, and Silicon Valley. HBO has consistently launched streaming services like HBO GO, HBO NOW, and HBO Max over a period of time.
HBO Go is a TV everywhere application that you can access with your cable TV provider without any additional charges. You can install HBO Go on Firestick as well. HBO Go and HBO Now was launched former, while HBO Max was launched later. After launching HBO Max, the other two are rarely used.
HBO Go is becoming obsolete with the launch of HBO Max, where it is already removed from the Amazon App Store, it is expected to be removed from the Google Playstore as well. But you need not worry because, in the HBO Max app, you can use both your TV provider credential and your HBO NOW account to access the app.
How to Install HBO Go on Firestick
As HBO Go is removed from the Amazon App Store and HBO Max is yet to be released for Firestick, we need to sideload the HBO Max using the downloader app. Before you do that, make sure that you enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option. To access it, follow the below-mentioned steps using developers’ options.
Tweaking Developers Option
- Go to Settings on your Firestick device.
- Then navigate to My Fire TV, right next to preferences.
- Tap on Developer Options, and then in developer options, click on “Apps from Unkonwn Sources“, right beneath ADB Debugging.
- Click the Turn On option displayed on the confirmation screen.
Sidelaod HBO Go
- Open the downloader app on your Firestick.
- Go to the search bar, and then write the following URL to start downloading the HBO Go on Firestick. Click on Go and then wait for a while.
- The APK file will start downloading. The file size is around 64Mbs so it will take a little bit of time depending on your internet speed.
- Once download is complete, click on the install button.
- When the installation is finished, click on “Open” to launch the HBO Max on Firestick.
Streaming HBO Go on Firestick using Screen Mirroring
If you don’t want to use the sideload method to install HBO Go on Firestick, there is an alternate way and that is screen mirroring. HBO Max is equipped with Cast support. It means that you can use your smartphone to cast any of your favorite movies on Firestick.
- First of all, download HBO Max App either from Apple App Store or Google Play Store. It depends on your smartphone.
- Then sign in to your HBO account, or your TV provider account.
- This is the most important step, make sure that your smartphone and Firestick device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Firestick remote, press and hold the Home button to access Quick Menu and then choose the Mirroring option.
- After that, Display Mirroring Screen will appear.
- Open HBO Max on your smartphone and tap on “Cast” option.
- A list of available devices will appear, choose your own Firestick device.
- Finally casting is done, now whatever you play on your smartphone will be displayed on your Friestick device.
These are the easiest ways to Install HBO Go on Firestick. Although, the application we are using is HBO Max it has all the content of HBO Go and HBO Now. The mirroring feature is very easy and you can use your smartphone to access HBO Go on Firestick. If you have any queries regarding HBO Max on Firestick, you can reach out to us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you get HBO Go on Amazon Firestick?
HBO Go app was removed from the Amazon app store in July 2020. You can use HBO Max to access all content of HBO Go.
Can I cast HBO Max on Firestick?
Yes, you can cast the APK file of HBO Max currently because HBO Max is not yet available in the Amazon App Store.