Samsung Smart TV and HBO Go
Table of Contents
- 1 Samsung Smart TV and HBO Go
- 2 HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV
- 3 Alternate Ways to Watch HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV
- 4 How to Fix HBO GO Not Working on Samsung TV
- 5 Final Words
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Samsung Smart TVs don’t need any introduction that comes with amazing features like you can use the Smart View to control your Samsung Smart TV even without a remote control. You can play content from your mobile by connecting your mobile with the TV and selecting videos, pictures, or even music.
One of the best features of Samsung Smart TVs is, that you can create personalized playlists to access all of your favorite videos, photos, and music in one place. The Smart Hub is the App Store dedicated to apps that run particularly on Samsung Smart TVs.
Samsung smart TVs are one of few smart TVs that have OS of their own. The OS that Samsung smart TVs run on is called Tizon OS. The Tizon OS is different from other platforms and this is the reason that you won’t find all the apps for Samsung Smart TV. Unlike many other apps, you can install HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV using the Smart Hub.
You can install HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV from the Smart Hub but keep in mind that in order to run HBO Go on your Samsung Smart TV, you must have Tizon OS 2.4 or above. In other words, models that are latest by 2016 will support installing HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV.
HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV
As said earlier, if you are looking to install HBO Go on your Samsung TV, you should update your smart TV’s OS to 2.4 or the latest.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and take the remote.
- Locate the Smart Hub button on the remote and then press it.
- It will take you to the Smart Hub app store.
- Go to the search icon on the top right corner of the screen
- Type HBO Go using the on-screen keyboard and then click done.
- After that, click download on the very next screen.
- Wait a while so that the app is downloaded. Once the download is complete, tap on the Open button to start watching HBO Go on Samsung TV.
Alternate Ways to Watch HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TV’s latest model has built-in support for live cast features. The HBO Go also has a cast icon within the app, it makes a very good combo of casting HBO Go from your smartphone right on your smart TV.
- Download the HBO Go application from Google Play Store, and install it on your phone.
- Open the HBO Go app and then tap on the cast iron.
- It will display a list of available devices, choose your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now play any of your favorite titles and it will be displayed on your TV.
If your smart TV doesn’t support the live cast feature, you can use other streaming devices like HBO Go on Firestick or HBO Go on Roku and watch HBO Go on Samsung TV.
How to Fix HBO GO Not Working on Samsung TV
If you face any issues while installing HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix them.
- First of all, make sure that your Samsung Smart TV is running at least 2.4 or the latest Tizon OS. If it is an older version, update it.
- Try updating your HBO Go app on Samsung TV.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV and then retry.
- Remove the application and then reinstall it.
- Check if the Wi-Fi that you are connected to is working fine.
- Most importantly, check the HBO GO Support Page to verify that your Smart TV is listed.
- If you still have issues while following these steps, better reset your Samsung Smart TV to factory reset settings.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV and yet haven’t installed HBO Go on it, then don’t delay it anymore. Install HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV and you will love it. Following the above-mentioned method, you can easily install it and watch it on your TV. If you face issues with the app not loading, try the mentioned fixes or write to us in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get HBO Go on my Samsung Smart TV?
You can install HBO Go on Samsung Smart TV by pressing the Smart Hub button on the remote and then finding the app in the store.
Why does HBO GO not work on Samsung Smart TV?
If HBO GO is not working on your Samsung Smart TV, then it may be a compatibility issue or you have an outdated version of HBO Go or your internet connection is not stable.
How do I cast HBO GO to my Samsung TV?
You need to access the Google Home app on your phone. Tap the device that you want to cast to. Tap Cast my screen > Cast screen. Once your screen appears on your TV, open HBO Go and start streaming.