If you are currently an iPhone user or planning to buy a used iPhone, then you may wonder How Old is your iPhone? If we consider iPhone SE, iPhone 6, or even iPhone 7, these models were released around 2016. Generally, any iPhone model will last 5 years in its optimal performance. So if you want to buy a used iPhone, or want to sell your own iPhone and want to know the age of your iPhone, then this article is for you.
The box and bill may not help you in finding the age of your iPhone. I will show you 3 Simple Ways to answer your question “How Old is my iPhone?”. Let us start with it.
Table of Contents
Different Ways to find “How old is my iPhone”
We will go with two ways at first to find out How old is my iPhone. But before that, you have to find the Serial Number of your iPhone.
Finding Serial Number of iPhone
- Go to Settings, and then tap on General.
- In the General menu, the first option is About, tap on it.
- Once you open the About menu, you will see a Serial number of your iPhone.
- Note this serial number in your Notepad.
Apple’s Check Coverage
- Visit checkcoverage.apple.com either on your PC or mobile.
- Enter your serial number and then the captcha code, then click continue.
- You will get all details of your iPhone on the next screen. Under the Repairs and Service Coverage, you will find the Estimated Expiration Date. Apple only provides service coverage for one year, it means from that date you can calculate the age of your iPhone.
- If your iPhone is older than one year, then you won’t find the Estimated Expiration Date. You need to use the next method in this case.
- Chipmunk Klatenservice is a third-party website to find the age of your iPhone. It also needs the Serial Number to let you know the age of your iPhone.
- Visit the Chipmunk Klatenservice website “chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html”
- Enter the Serial Number in the box and then click on the Show information button.
- Scroll down the screen and you will find all the information about your iPhone. You will see the production year and production week. From these information, you can easily calculate the age of your iPhone.
The Easy Method
The above-mentioned methods require internet access to know “How old is my iPhone”. Another easy method that doesn’t require the internet is as follows. This method requires understanding the serial number of your iPhone. Because the serial number is a combination of alphabets and numbers that denote the manufactured date, time, place, and model number.
The serial number is basically 12 characters long out of which, you have to note the 4th character carefully. This 4th character is the Achilles heel of the serial number on your iPhone. Below is the details of that specific 4th Character.
|K||2013 (First Half)|
|L||2013 (Second Half)|
|M||2014 (First Half)|
|N||2014 (Second Half)|
|P||2015 (First Half)|
|Q||2015 (Second Half)|
|R||2016 (First Half)|
|S||2016 (Second Half)|
|T||2017 (First Half)|
|V||2017 (Second Half)|
|W||2018 (First Half)|
|X||2018 (Second Half)|
|Y||2019 (First Half)|
|Z||2019 (First Half)|
With this method, you can find the manufacture date of your iPhone. It is a personally tried and tested method.
If you don’t want to try any of these methods, you can try searching out your mails for previous bills or maybe a soft copy. But that can become quite hectic, so it is recommended to use one of the mentioned ways. Please keep in mind that you should never share your iPhone’s Serial number with anyone and if you want to know the age of your iPhone online, do it in the incognito window.
If you have any questions about “How to Find my iPhone”, you can ask us via the comment section.