Table of Contents
Google Chromecast offers decent customization when it comes to usage by end-users. It has a lot of options for the users so that the user experience is always up to the mark. For example, whenever Chromecast doesn’t receive any media file, it will automatically go to standby mode. Once standby mode is activated, it will start displaying a series of wallpapers from all around the world. No doubt that they are the stock images and are high-quality photos. All these images are linked to their default locations on Google Hosting.
If you don’t like the default images, you can also replace these images with your favorite ones. In short, you can Change Chromecast Screensaver and this article will cover How to Change Chromecast Screensaver using the Google Home application. The Google Home app is easily available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. It’s free and you can easily download it on your smartphone.
How to Change Chromecast Screensaver with Google TV
- First of all, launch the Google Home app on your smartphone. Make sure that your smartphone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, the Google Home app won’t detect Chromecast.
- Then tap on the Chromecast device name on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- On the very next screen, tap on “Settings”.
- You will see different options in the Settings. Now click on the “Personalize Ambient Mode, and More” option.
- After you tap on the said option, a pop-up will appear, select “Yes, I’m in”.
- Now you will have the Ambient mode on the list of customizable options. Tap on it.
- Here you can select images from three different sources. The first one is Google Photos, the second one is Art Gallery, and the third one is Experimental. Choose Google Photos because these are your photos on your phone or uploaded to Google.
Note: The Art Gallery is the default option. It automatically pulls curated images from many categories, allowing you to choose specifically from any category.LifeWire
In Experimental, the setting changes from time to time and allows you to select new sources and content, like a low bandwidth mode.
- Keep in mind that since it is a screensaver you can’t choose a single photo. You need to choose an album of photos.
- Finally, choose any group of pictures, and go back. Now your selected photos will be displayed as Screensaver of Chromecast.
This is an easy method for How to Change Chromecast Screensaver with the help of Google Home.
It is quite easy to Change Chromecast Screensaver with the help of Google Home using your smartphone, may it be Android or iOS. However, you can not change Chromecast Screensaver using your PC. The reason for the massive success of Chromecast with Google TV is the unlimited customization of the device. Just like Changing Chromecast Screensaver, it offers other amazing customization options.
This detailed tutorial about “How to Change Chromecast Screensaver” is self-explanatory, if you still find any issues, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Chromecast Ambient Mode?
The Ambient mode on Chromecast is an intelligent mode in which the screen automatically changes according to the surroundings. Additionally, you will also get information related to weather, calendar, and incoming notifications.
How can you turn off background pictures on Chromecast?
If you don’t want to see pictures on your Chromecast background, you can easily change it from the Ambient mode. To do so, follow the below path.
Google Home >> Chromecast >> Settings >> Ambient & Personalize >> Ambient >> Change Personalize Ambient to weather or Time.
Why is Chromecast built-in not working?
If your Chromecast is not working, try to Restart Chromecast by unplugging it from the power source, wait for at least 3-5 minutes, then connect it back to the power source.