About Roku Remote
Table of Contents
- 1 About Roku Remote
- 2 Requirements to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote
- 3 How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote
- 4 Final Words
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
The Roku remote is an important element without which, you may find it hard to navigate your Roku TV. There are multiple buttons on the Roku remote. The Roku Remote has a power button on top, the Home button on right just below power and right next to it is the Back button. Below the navigation buttons in the middle, there are three buttons for Channel Recall, Sleep Timer, and More Options respectively.
Then there are playback options where you can rewind, pause/play or fast forward. There are featured channel shortcut buttons on the lower part of the remote, which can differ according to your TV model.
Without a Roku remote, you may not be able to perform certain tasks like connecting your Roku device to the internet. In this article, I will show you How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a Remote. But it is recommended to keep the Roku remote as safe as possible.
Requirements to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote
If you have lost your Roku remote or your Roku remote is damaged and not functioning correctly, then make sure you have the below-mentioned items ready with yourself to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote.
- Roku TV or Roku Device
- Andriod or iOS Smartphone
- Laptop or desktop PC
- Roku App for PC
- Broadband Wi-Fi Connection
How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote
Before you proceed further, keep in mind that this method will work only if your Roku device is already set up and was connected to a Wi-Fi network earlier as well.
- Download the Roku app on your smartphone from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Connect your PC to a Wi-Fi connection and then create a temporary Wi-Fi hotspot, to do so follow the below path.
Settings >> Network & Internet >> Mobile Hotspot >> Share my internet connection with other device
- Here is the trick, you have to name your Hotspot the same as the network you used to connect your Roku, also you have to give the exact same password. You have to use the same details to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote.
- Once your Hotspot is created, connect your smartphone to that hotspot.
- Open the Roku app on your smartphone and turn on your Roku device.
- Click on “Devices” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “Remote” under your connected device.
- Navigate to Roku Settings using the Roku app.
- In the Settings, go to Network and then choose Set Up Connection and then choose Wireless.
- You will be asked to connect your Roku device and will be displayed available Wi-Fi connections. Choose the hotspot that you have created.
- This is How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote using your PC and your smartphone.
Roku is a reputable streaming device that offers great features and is best used with the proper hardware. If you ever lose the Roku remote or damage it and it stopped functioning, then you can miss out on certain features. You won’t be able to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without Remote. However, I have mentioned a detailed method of How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi Without Remote using the Roku App, it is recommended to arrange for a new remote if you don’t have one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I connect my Roku to the Internet without the remote?
You can connect Roku to the Internet without a remote by using the Roku app on your smartphone and then connecting it to your PC’s hotspot.
How do I find my Roku IP address without Wi-Fi or remote?
Download the Roku app on your smartphone and open it. Then go to Settings, and under My Network, you can see your IP address.
How do I connect my Roku to a new Wi-Fi?
Go to the Roku Home Screen. Using your Roku remote, select Settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection.