Table of Contents
- 1 PlayStation Classisc
- 2 Things you need
- 3 How to Prepare Flash Drive to Download Games on Playstation Classic
- 4 Install BleemSync Tool for PlayStation Classic Games Download
- 5 How to Download games to PlayStation Classic
- 6 Wrapping Up
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
PlayStation Classic was a dedicated gaming console first released in 1994 by Sony and Sony revived its Classic PlayStation in 2018, where they again released PlayStation Classic on 3rd December 2018, exactly on the 24th Aniversary of the PlayStation Classic. It is a direct competitor to Nintendo’s former releases of NES and Super NES Classic Edition mini consoles.
This is one of my favorite consoles as it gives the feelings of nostalgia while playing games like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Jumping Flash, Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario, Duck Hunting, and more. The issue with this console is, you can’t download any games on PlayStation Classic and it comes with only 20 preloaded games.
The console being a revival of the 90’s model console doesn’t have the same UI as that of other PlayStation consoles. In order to download games on PlayStation classic, you need to jailbreak them and I’ll show you How to Download Games on PlayStation Classic in this tutorial.
Things you need
You need only two things to complete the process of PlayStation Classic Games Download. I am sure you already have both of these devices.
- A USB Flash Drive with 8GB Storage Minimum
- Standard PC or Laptop
- An internet connection
How to Prepare Flash Drive to Download Games on Playstation Classic
The main purpose is to hack the PlayStation Console so you have to format your USB flash drive. Before doing so, make sure to copy data from a USB drive to your PC, else after formatting, you will lose all of your data.
- Insert USB flash drive into your PC.
- Right click on your USB flash drive, and then click on Format.
- Make sure that you format the USB flash drive in FAT32 format because no other format will work.
- Once you have formatted your USB Flash drive, rename it to SONY (all letters must be capital).
- Finally, your USB flash drive is ready to for PlayStation Classic Games Download.
Check Out: How to Cancel PlayStation Vue Subscription
Install BleemSync Tool for PlayStation Classic Games Download
To hack the PlayStation Classic, there are tons of tools available in the market, but we will be using none other than BleemSync because it is one of the most trusted tools.
- Go to the official Website of ModMyClassic to download the BleemSync Tool.
- Scroll down on the webpage to download the BleemSync 1.2.0.
- A Zip file will be downloaded on your PC.
- Now extract the Zip file to your USB Flash drive that you named SONY.
- In the Zip files, you need to follow the instruction that says, create a folder and name it Games. In Games folder, you will have to create folders with name 1, 2, 3, and more. This number denotes the number of games that you want to download.
- Each created folder needs to have GameData folder with Game.ini file, .cfg file, cover art image, .bin, and .cue files. All these instruction are available in the download file. You must follow all the instructions in the files.
- When you are done with all above-mentioned steps, run the BleemSync application on your PC. It will create a folder named System on your UBS Flash drive.
- When you do all these steps, simply eject the USB flash drive.
How to Download games to PlayStation Classic
When you have downloaded the gaming file, you need to take this final step to run Games on Playstation Classic.
- Turn of your PlayStation if it is On, and then remove all the external wires.
- Plug your USB Flash drive into the second port of the console and then power it.
- When you see orange LED on your Console, Click the power button on your console.
- The LED will in turn orange, red, and then green.
- When your console lights up the Orange LED again, it means that all the games are installed on your console.
- Finally restart your PlayStation Classic console, all your games in the USB flash drive are now available on your console .
You can try our guide about “How to Download Games to Playstation Classic ” but it is no guarantee that this method will work for everyone. You can try one or two times, if it still doesn’t work, then it is better to avoid this process. This is by far the easiest method of PlayStation Classic Games Download, that you can try.
If you have any questions about Downloading Games to PlayStation Classic, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
What games can you download to PlayStation Classic?
There are many games like Cool Boarders 2, Destruction Derby, Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Metal Gear Solid, Intelligent Qube, and more.
Can you Download games to Playstation Classic?
Yes, you can download games to your Playstation classic with the help of a USB flash drive and software.
Can you play old games on PlayStation Classic?
You can play old games but not use discs. You can play using a USB flash drive.