Table of Contents
- 1 Roku Remote
- 2 How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
Roku is one of the best streaming devices you can find in the market. It comes with amazing premium channels including both free and paid ones. You can set your Favorite Roku Channels using your Roku Remote but keep in mind that for proper functioning, you must have an internet connection. At times, Roku doesn’t connect to the internet properly but this issue can be easily addressed by figuring out the IP address of your Roku device using your remote.
In case, you don’t have access to a remote, then How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote? Relax! As this article is going to show you 4 different methods that will help you find out Roku IP Address Without a Remote. So wasting any further split of time, let us start with our journey of How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote with 4 working methods.
How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote
There are multiple ways that you can use to Find Roku IP address without a remote. We will start with the one that is easily manageable to all of you.
Using Roku Mobile App
This is one of the easiest ways to find Roku IP and this is why it is number 1 in our list of How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote. Roku Mobile app is available for Android and iOS and you can easily download it either from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. You can also use the Roku App for PC to find the Roku IP addresses.
- Install the Roku Mobile app on your smartphone, and then launch it.
- Make sure that your smartphone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now tap on the device on the right lower corner of the screen.
- It will start searching the available Roku devices. Once it finishes the search, select your device.
- Next tap on the three dots right next to “Connected to this device” and it will open a menu.
- Choose View System Info and you will be able to see the Roku IP Address without a remote.
Remoku is basically a Google Chrome extension that you can use as a virtual remote provided that your PC and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you want to control your Roku device from your PC, then Remoku is one of the best solutions.
- Open your Google Chrome browser and search for Remoku.
- From the search results, select Remoku Chrome extension and click on it.
- It will take a minute or two to add the extension to Chrome.
- Once added, it will be visible in the extension toolbar. If you can’t find it, then simply click on the extension icon and then pin Remoku from there.
- Now click on the Remoku extension and you will see a virtual remote.
- From there select the Settings option.
- All you need to do is to connect your Roku and PC to the same Wi-Fi network and it will automatically fetch all settings.
- You can see your IP address in the My Network field as seen in the below picture.
Finding Roku IP Address With the help of Router
Finding a Roku IP address with the help of a router is a straightforward approach but there is an issue and that is different routers have different procedures. Some of them may allow seeing directly which devices you are connected to and for some, you have to go through a certain procedure. So you must have the MAC address of the device in place. This is a more technical approach in our list of How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote.
- Open any browser on your PC and enter the IP address of your router. If you don’t know the IP address of your router, you can look at the back of the router. If you can’t find it there, then you have to look in the manual of your router.
- You will also need a default login which is again available on the back of the router.
- The router will list the devices by hostname making it fairly easy to identify the Roku device. Simply check the list for the name, and the corresponding Ip address is that of the Roku device.
- If you can’t see any hostname, then you have to use your device’s MAC address to match it with the shown addresses.
Using Third-Party Websites
This is a very easy method in our tutorial for “How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote” but it has some shortcomings. With that being said, to use this method you have to figure out your device’s MAC address and the MAC address of the third-party website. If you have no issues with that, then simply visit WhatsmyIP.org, and input your MAC address. You will find your Roku IP address with the name Roku listed as the manufacturer.
This is “How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote” and by using any of the above-mentioned methods, you can easily figure out your IP address and be able to connect your Roku device to the internet. If none of the above works for you, then it is better to contact Roku Support and they will ask you for your Roku serial number. If our article “How to Find Roku IP Address Without Remote” has helped you in resolving your issue, do let us know via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I connect my Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote?
You can use the Roku Mobile app (available for Android and iOS) or Roku App for PC to connect your Roku to Wi-Fi.
Where can I find the IP address on my Roku?
Open Roku Mobile App and Go to the Devices tab. Tap the triple-dot icon next to the Roku you’re concerned with. Tap View System Info.