Why does Green Light start Blinking on Roku Remote?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why does Green Light start Blinking on Roku Remote?
- 2 Identify Roku Remote
- 3 How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote?
- 4 Quick Solution (Temporary)
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Roku is an extraordinary streaming player that offers tons of amazing content. It is paired with Roku remote, the remote is used for navigation, playback options, shortcut buttons, and much more. Roku remote gives you a smooth experience of watching Roku TV. The remote works perfectly fine with the Roku device but at times it creates certain problems.
One such problem is when Roku Remote Starts Blinking Greenlight. Now let us investigate what is the basic reason for Blinking Green Light on the Roku Remote. After that we will check different methods of How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote.
When you encounter Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote, it means that the Roku remote is trying to pair with the Roku device, but can’t accomplish pairing and it keeps attempting. There are multiple methods to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote but first, you have to identify your Roku remote type. After that, we will proceed with How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote while showing various methods.
Identify Roku Remote
There are two types of Roku remotes that may vary with your model of Roku player.
Standard IR Remote
The standard IR remote works like any other infrared remote where you point the remote towards the device and make sure that there is no blockade between the remote and the device. To check if your remote is IR, open the battery cover and see if there is no pairing button then your remote is a standard IR remote.
Enhanced or Point Everywhere Remote
The Enhanced point everywhere remote works on radio frequency to control your Roku device using a Wi-Fi network. To use an RF remote, you first have to pair it with your Roku device and keep in mind that only one remote can be paired to one Roku device at a time. Open the cover of the battery compartment, and press the pairing button.
Now that you know the remote types, let me show you How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote.
How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote?
There can be multiple reasons why your Roku Remote is not pairing to your Roku player and consequently, there are multiple fixes as well. Let us explore in detail How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote.
Replace the batteries
The first and foremost reason for your remote being unable to pair to your Roku device is the battery of your remote. Check if the batteries are properly installed and also if the batteries are not drained. In order to check the battery level of your Roku remote, follow the below-given steps.
- On your home screen, go to Settings.
- In Settings, choose Remote & Device, and then select Remote.
- Select Gaming Remote and then tap on About.
- You will be able to see the percentage of battery left along with other details.
- If your battery is low, immediately replace it with a new one and it will Fix Roku Remote Green Light problem.
Check Internet Connection
As the basis of the Roku device is the internet, if your internet connection is weak then it will surely face problems while connecting to the Roku remote. It means that you need to connect your Roku device to a stable internet connection for seamless operation. To check your internet speed, follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings on your Roku Device.
- Navigate to Network and then choose about.
- In the About section, you can see all the details about your Status, Signal Strength, Internet Download Speed, Wireless Channels, IP address, and Mac Address.
- To investigate furthermore, go to Check connection and it will show details of your internet connection.
Check HDMI connections
This method is specified for those using Roku Streaming Stick with Enhanced Point everywhere remote, if you are not using these, this method won’t help you and you can jump to the next method.
If your Roku Streaming Stick is not connected to an HDMI port properly or connected to a faulty HDMI port, it will cause the Green Light Blinking issue on Roku Remote. For this purpose, connect your Roku Streaming Stick to another HDMI port properly. You can also use an HDMI extension to connect it.
Re-Pair you Remote
To Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote, you can give a try to unpair your remote and then re-pair it with your Roku device. Here’s how you can do it.
UnPair Roku Remote
- Press and hold the Home, Back, and Pairing buttons on your Roku remote at the same time.
- You will see a light blinking on your remote. It indicates that your remote has been unpaired.
- To verify that it has been successfully unpaired, press any button on your remote.
Re-Pair Roku Remote
- Turn off your Roku device and plug it out from the power source.
- Also, remove batteries from your remote, wait for 5 seconds, and plug in the power source.
- Turn on your Roku device and once the Home menu appears on the screen, insert the batteries into the remote.
- Now on your Roku remote, press and hold the Pairing button for 3 seconds or keep it pressed until you see the LED start blinking.
- It will initiate the pairing process and you will see a message on the screen. Once pairing is done, it will display “Pairing is Completed“. I would suggest you stick with this method if you are looking for How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote.
Check out: How to Fix Firestick TV Remote Blinking Yellow
Restart your Roku Device
In electronic devices, just restarting can help you resolve around 80% of the problems. So we will also try to restart our Roku device in a bid to find a solution for How to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote. Here’s how you can restart your Roku player.
- On your Roku device, go to Settings and then navigate to System.
- In the System settings, tap on Restart.
- Once you tap restart, confirm the Restart process.
Factory Reset your Roku Device
If you have tried all the above-mentioned methods to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote and still the issue persists then it’s time to hard reset your Roku device.
- Check for the Reset or Pinhole button at the bottom of the backside of your Roku device.
- Press and hold the Reset button for at least 10 seconds and you will notice that the LED on your remote start flashing rapidly.
- After you have reset your device, check it your issue is resolved or not.
Remove any Interference
If there are electronic devices near your Roku remote like cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, wireless headsets, wireless chargers, and the same devices, then all of these devices can cause interference that will affect your Roku remote. Remove your Roku remote and then try if it works for you.
Replace with New Remote
If these methods don’t work for you then you have to consider buying a new remote for your Roku. But before buying a new remote, make sure that you buy the correct remote for your Roku device. The standard IR remote costs around $15 and the Enhanced point everywhere will cost you $30.
Quick Solution (Temporary)
If you want to use the Roku remote but it has a Green Light Blinking issue, then let me show you another way with which you can easily use Roku remote on your phone. By installing Roku Remote app on your smartphone, you can control your Roku device. Download Roku remote from Google PlayStore or Apple App Store.
- First of all, make sure that your Roku device and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the downloaded Roku Remote app on your smartphone.
- From the bottom of the app, select the Remote tab.
- Now you can control your Roku device from your smartphone.
You can also listen to the audio from your phone privately by connecting your earphone to your smartphone.
Using the above-mentioned methods, you can Fix the Blinking Green light on Roku Remote. Most of the time, it is fixed by simply restarting the device or by replacing the batteries. I hope it works for you. If our article about How to Fix Blinking Green Light Blinking on Roku remote helped you in any way, do let us know via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the green light flashing on my Roku remote?
If your Roku remote is flashing Green Light, it means that it is not properly paired with your Roku device and it is attempting again and again.
What causes the Roku remote blinking green light?
There can be multiple reasons like interference, network issue, battery health, and more. If you are using an IR remote, there may be some blockade between the device and remote.