Table of Contents
Streaming devices such as Roku, Firestick, NVidia Shield TV, and more are revolutionizing traditional cable TV. Not only are they suitable for cable TV replacement but it comes with many other benefits. Roku is one of the most famous streaming players among smart TV users. It can stream almost everything on your TV.
It is very easy to set up and anyone with basic knowledge of smart TVs can use it. Roku has its customized store where you get both free and paid channels so that you can stay tuned with live TV, movies, TV shows, music, and lots more. You can also use it for screen mirroring your smartphone and enabling you to use your smartphone on a bigger screen of your TV.
As a Roku user, I have personally named my Roku device “Wasim’s Roku TV” and every user should name is unique because it is easy to identify if there is more than one Roku device. You can rename your Roku account once you have set it up and this article will show you two ways How to Rename the Roku device.
Why need to rename Roku?
There can be multiple reasons for Renaming the Roku devices. It can be a specific reason or a general reason that one wants to rename the Roku device. The most common reasons for renaming Roku are;
- First and most obvious reason is, if you have more than one devices then it is better to have a unique name for each of devices.
- If you have a streak of names for your smart home devices.
- If you feel your current name for the device is outdated.
- If you want to give an easy name for your understanding that your other devices already has.
How to Rename Roku?
There are two basic ways of renaming the Roku device. Both of them will answer “How to Rename Roku”. The first method to rename Roku Account is by using Roku account and the second method is by using Roku Mobile App.
Using Roku Account
Assuming that you have already set up your Roku account, follow these steps to rename your Roku account.
- Visit “my.roku.com” on your smartphone.
- Enter your Roku credentials for login.
- Scroll down and choose “My Linked Devices” from the menu. Do keep in mind that if your Roku device has a name, only then it will display here. Else, you will only see the serial number. To access Serial number of your Roku device, Settings > System > About.
- Select the Rename link and enter new name for your Roku device.
- Once you have renamed your Roku device, confirm the settings and you are done with Renaming Roku Account.
Check Out: How to watch Steam on Roku & How to watch TikTok on Roku TV
Using Roku Mobile App
The second method of “How to Rename Roku Device” requires installing the Roku Mobile app. You can install it on your iOS device or Android device. Before proceeding, make sure that your smartphone and your Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once you install the app on your smartphone, launch it.
- Tap on “Settings” icon from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Simply choose “Edit Name” option and provide new name to your Roku player.
- If you want to change name of a different Roku device, tap on the Switch Roku Device link to choose the device and change its name.
Using these two methods, you can easily Rename your Roku device. Both methods are super easy and you can implement them in no time. I would personally recommend you to use the second method that only requires installing one app and you can handle your Roku device’s settings at your fingertips.
I hope this article about “How to Rename Roku account” is helpful, if you have any questions you can ask us via the comment section.