Table of Contents
- 1 Amazon Firestick: The Best Streaming Device
- 2 What to Consider Before Resetting Firestick to Factory Settings
- 3 How to Reset Firestick?
- 4 Final Words
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Amazon Firestick: The Best Streaming Device
The Amazon Firestick is a world-famous streaming device that comes with amazing features. It is one of the best alternatives to traditional cable TV and because of its affordable price, it beats its competitors streaming devices as well. You can stream different types of content on Amazon Firestick like over-the-top, on-demand, and even live TV. It is also compatible with other Amazon devices like Amazon Echo so you can unlock new features by connecting both.
It has both internal memory and external memory as well. While installing Apps on Firestick, you may run into performance issues because of memory full or any other issue. There are temporary solutions to fix it but the ultimate solution is to Reset Amazon Firestick to get these issues fixed. After you Reset the Firestick device, it will turn into a new device and you will lose all the settings and everything.
You can run many streaming platforms like Daily Wire, Google Play Movies, and more on Amazon Firestick. Today, in this tutorial I will show you How to Reset Firestick device using two different methods. The first method is to Reset Firestick using the Settings, and the second method will show you How you can Reset Firestick using its remote.
What to Consider Before Resetting Firestick to Factory Settings
As said earlier, once you Reset Amazon Firestick you will lose all of your data on your Firestick device. It includes all your passwords, apps, settings, and everything. If you are not into the last resort, try other ways of freeing up space on your Firestick.
- On your Firestick, go to Settings.
- Then choose Applications. It will display a list of all the applications on your Firestick.
- Navigate to “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Now you can free up space on any application just by tapping “Clear Cache”. It will definitely help in freeing up a considerable amount of space.
How to Reset Firestick?
There are two ways that you can use to Reset the Firestick device. Just like in smartphones, you have two options for resetting a device. One is a soft reset that you implement from its Settings, and the other is a hard reset. Same is the case for Firestick, let me show you How to Reset Firestick to Factory settings using Setting.
Reset Firestick Using Settings
- Connect your Firestick device to the Smart TV using the HDMI port, turn it on and then head to the Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll to “My Fire TV” and tap on it.
- In the My Fire TV section, scroll down and select Reset to Factory Defaults. It is once again said that once you reset the Firestick device, you won’t be able to undo it.
- Once you click on it, you will be prompted with a message asking for confirmation of Reset. Tap on “Reset” from the two options.
Reset Firestick Using Remote
- Pick up the Firestick remote and press the “Back” button and “Right Side of the Navigation Circle” at the same time and keep it pressed for about 10 seconds.
- After this on your TV screen, select “Continue to factory reset.”
- That’s it, your Firestick Device will reset to its factory settings.
These are the two ways you can use to Reset Firestick. I would recommend using the first method which is resetting from Settings. The reason is, that you can make a backup of your files before you reset your device. Opt for resetting via remote only when you can’t access your device properly. The normal reset time is about five minutes and if your device is taking longer than it, then don’t worry sit back and relax. It will be done in a while.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you reset an unresponsive Firestick?
If your Firestick is completely unresponsive, then you have to reset it using your remote. Simply press the back and right navigation circle at the same time for 10 seconds.
How do I reboot my Amazon Fire Stick?
Simply press and hold the Home button on the remote and then navigate to Settings. In the “Settings” scroll down and click “My Fire TV” and then scroll down and click “Restart” to restart your device.
Will resetting Firestick erase all my data?
Yes, it will erase all of your data, passwords, account settings, defaults, and everything. This is why it is recommended to create a backup before your reset your Amazon Firestick.