Apple TV at a Glance
Table of Contents
Apple TV is one of the latest products from Apple that allows you to watch movies, TV shows, and other media content on your TV with the help of the internet. It comes with amazing features of which, one of my favorites is setting up multiple user accounts where you can easily switch between those profiles.
This multiple users feature allows you to customize your watching experience and share your content with friends and family. Let me show you How to set up Multiple Users Account on Apple TV. Before starting, you should make sure certain things are described in the next section. Once multiple user accounts are created, each and every user will have personalized recommendations based on their watch history, activity log, and purchase.
What is needed?
Before you think of How To Setup Multiple Users Account on Apple TV, make sure that your Apple TV runs on at least TVOS 13 or the latest. If your current TVOS is older than 13, then you should update your TVOS in the first place. Once you have updated the TVOS, you can start by creating multiple accounts on Apple TV.
Check Price :: Apple TV 4K 2022
How to Setup Multiple Users Account on Apple TV?
(1) First of all, turn on your Apple TV and connect it to your Wifi network.
(2) Go to the main screen, and go to settings.
(3) Then scroll down to the second option called, “User and Accounts”.
(4) Once you click on Users and Accounts, select “Add new User”.
(5) Click Add User to This Apple TV to confirm that you want to add the user only on that device.
(6) There, click on Add new.
(7) Then enter your Apple TV credentials and click on continue.
(8) Click on sign and wait once the process is completed. Your new account is created and can enter account details to use the device.
Repeat this process for as many accounts as you want to create.
Switching Between Multiple User Accounts on Apple TV
Once you know How to Setup Multiple Users account on Apple TV, you can easily switch between multiple accounts either using the control center or the Settings App. I will show you in detail in the next section. This guide about “How to Setup Multiple User Accounts on Apple TV ” will also show you additional features of the Control center.
Using Control Center
The control center is not only used for switching accounts but also has other awesome functions like putting Apple TV to sleep, changing Apple TV’s audio destination, searching with the control center, and more. The control center includes a display of what is currently playing on the Apple TV, that includes videos, music, or other audio content.
(1) Open the settings on your Apple TV, and then click on Users and Accounts.
(2) Then select the current user under the user section with the help of Siri Remote.
(3) Once you click on the current user, you will see the Switch to User screen and click on the account you want to use.
Using Settings App
(1) On your Siri Remote, press and hold the Home button for 5 seconds.
(2) You will see the control center being popped up.
(3) It will show you a list of profiles registered with Apple TV.
(4) Choose and highlight the account that you want to use.
Screenshot Courtesy: Techowns
The selected user account will be signed In as requested. Your new account will be the current account until you switch to another one.
In our article regarding “How to Setup Multiple Users Account on Apple TV”, we have shown you all the ways of setting up multiple accounts. Also, we demonstrated how you can switch between multiple accounts. If you have any queries regarding creating multiple accounts on Apple TV, you can reach out to us via the comment section.