What is Hulu?
Table of Contents
If you are a fan of movies then you must have an idea of what Hulu is? Hulu is one of the best video-on-demand services in the United States. It is not free and you will have to pay subscription fees to enjoy it. It has a variety of content including movies, TV shows, original series, and much more. Not only this, but you will also get over 60 live channels with the option of recording and offering up to 50 hours of cloud storage.
Most of the smart TVs have Hulu preinstalled in them, and some of the smart TVs have a dedicated button on the remote control to launch the application. Most of the LG smart TVs have Hulu installed by default, or you can download Hulu from the LG Content store as well. I will show you how you can Stream Hulu on LG Smart TV.
As I said earlier, Hulu is a paid application and it offers the following subscriptions plans.
|Basic + Live TV||$54.99/Month|
|Ad-Free premium + Live TV||$60.99/Month|
Stream Hulu on L GS Smart TV
Streaming Hulu on LG Smart TV differs from the TV model. In some models of LG Smart TVs, Hulu is preinstalled that you can easily access from the home screen. For other models, you will need to install them from LG Content Store. If you fail both these, I will show you two alternate methods of streaming Hulu on LG Smart TV. Before that, we need to know about a few things.
Points to Consider
- If you have an LG TV with WebOS 3.5 or above and Netcast is compatible with the Hulu app. Then you can easily download the application from the LG content store.
- If you have an LG TV with WebOS below 3.5, it won’t support the Hulu app. But fewer particular model TVs with WebOS 3.0, will work with Hulu which includes B6, UH6350, UH6330, UH77, UH76, and UH61.
- Another info is that the older versions of TV can support the classic Hulu app. Which means that you cannot access the premium and Live TV functions other than basic Hulu contents.
- If you want to know the model of your LG Smart TV, you can find the serial number on the back of your TV. If you think that your LG Smart TV is not compatible, don’t worry we have an alternative solution.
How to Stream Hulu on LG Smart TV?
All the latest models of LG Smart TVs have Hulu preinstalled in them. You can also update your LG Smart TV firmware to the latest version. Below are the steps to follow in order to run Hulu preinstalled on your LG Smart TV.
- First, press the home button on your remote.
- Then on the home screen, navigate to the App Section.
- Scroll and find the Hulu App.
- Simply click on the application to launch it.
- Sing in to your Hulu Account and start enjoying.
Installing Hulu from LG Content Store
If your LG Smart TV doesn’t have the Hulu app, then you can download it from the LG Content Store. Follow the below steps to download it.
- Press home button on your remote.
- Then go to LG content store on your home screen.
- In the LG Content store, search for Hulu App.
- Once you fint Hulu App, go to app installation page by clicking on it.
- Click on install and wait for a while. The Hulu app will be downloaded and installed on your TV.
- Login to Hulu using your existing credentials or you can start a free trial as well
Check out:: How to Stream Peacock TV on Samsung Smart TV
If you don’t find the Hulu app, it means that your TV is not compatible with Hulu. Now you need to apply the alternative ways of streaming Hulu on LG Smart TV.
Other ways to Stream Hulu on LG Smart TV
If your TV is not compatible with Hulu, you can use any streaming device like Amazon Firestick, Roku, or Google Chromecast to stream it on your TV. You won’t believe but Hulu is also compatible with gaming consoles like XBOX or Nintendo Switch.
Some LG Smart TVs come with the support of Roku, but if your TV is not compatible with Hulu, you can use the external device in order to download the app and accordingly stream Hulu on LG Smart TV.
- Once you install Roku, from your Roku home screen, go to the Streaming Channels section.
- It will take you to the Roku Channel Store.
- Now search for the Hulu app,
- On the app installation page, click on the Add Channel tab.
- The Hulu app will be downloaded and installed on your Roku device.
- Finally login with your account credentials or start a free trial.
If you don’t want to use Roku or you already have a Google Chromecast device with you, then it is better to use Google Chromecast to stream Hulu Content on your LG Smart TV.
- Connect your smartphone (either IOS or android) and Chromecast device to the same WiFi network.
- Download the Hulu app and sign in to your account on your smartphone.
- Tap the cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the Chromecast device.
- After a successful connection, you can find Hulu streaming on your TV.
I hope this article is helpful in streaming Hulu on LG Smart TV. If you have any queries, you can ask us through the comment section.