Wikipedia at Glance
Table of Contents
As the name suggests, Wikipedia is an open-source website that contains tons and tons of information that people search for online. It is an encyclopedia that is open-source which means that anyone can add or modify the information. One of the best features of Wikipedia is that it is free and has no advertisement at all.
It has information about almost anything you can search biography of any of your favorite celebrities. Most students around the world take help from Wikipedia while doing their tasks. You can enable dark mode on Wikipedia and in this article I will show you How to Turn on Dark Mode on Wikipedia on the website and on smartphone applications.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Wikipedia
Wikipedia is available on Android, iOS, and websites. You can turn on dark mode on any of these platforms. In this tutorial about “How to Turn on Dark Mode on Wikipedia”, I will show you dark mode enabling on all these platforms.
(1) First of all, launch the Google Playstore, and look for the Wikipedia application.
(2) Once found, select the application and install it.
(3) Tap on the three-line on the lower right corner of the screen.
(4) Then go to the settings option in the menu.
(5) Once you tap on settings, you can see different types of settings. You will find the “App Theme” option in the settings, tap on it.
(6) You can see the different options there. Now either choose the Black or Dark option. After selecting, your theme will change to Dark Mode.
Check Out: How to Open NVidia Overlay with GeForce Experience
(1) Open the App Store on your iOS Device.
(2) In the search bar, write Wikipedia.
(3) Once you found the app, click on Get to download the application.
(4) Once installed, launch the Wikipedia app on your iOS device.
(5) Tap the wheel type icon on the right upper corner of the screen to get into the settings.
(6) Once you open the settings, go to the Reading Preferences option.
(7) Tap on the Reading Preferences, you will see different options for changing the theme color including Light, Sepia, Black, and Dark.
(8) Either select Dark or Black, and you will turn on Dark Mode on Wikipedia.
(1) In order to enable dark mode on Wikipedia on the website, you need to open any browser and visit nighteye.app/how-to-start/.
(2) Then select your browser and install the Night Eye Extension.
(3) After you have installed the Night Eye extension, your whole browser will turn into the dark theme.
(4) Now open the Wikipedia website, and it will automatically turn on the Dark Mode on Wikipedia.
(5) This way you can view Wikipedia in the Dark mode and enjoy gathering information.
Wikipedia Chrome Extension
If you don’t want your whole browser to turn into dark mode, then you need to install the Wikipedia Google Chrome Extension. Simply install the Wikipedia Chrome extension and whenever you visit the Wikipedia page, it will be in the dark theme. If you want to change the background color of the page, simply click on the extension to disable the dark mode.
Enabling dark themes on applications can boost your productivity in a great way. Your eyes won’t feel as much exhausted as in the default mode. Wikipedia is used by high number of people around the world, so it is a good idea to use it in the dark mode.
I hope this article about “How to turn on Dark Mode on Wikipedia” is helpful, but if you have any issues with installing the mentioned extension, or using the Wikipedia Night mode extension, you can reach out to us through the comment section.