If you are facing issues with your Firestick remote and want to pair a new remote then first unpair the old one. If you have no idea about How to Unpair Firestick Remote, then follow this article until the end.
Reasons to unpair Firestick Remote
Table of Contents
Amazon Firestick comes with a single remote just like other streaming devices. However, you can pair more than one remote with a Firestick device. There can be multiple reasons why would you pair more than one remote to your Firestick device. The same goes with why would you unpair the Firestick remote.
- Your current remote has stopped working and now you have to buy one. So previously one remote was paired with your Firestick, and now you will pair the new remote.
- Your Firestick remote has met with some issues like Firestick Remote Starts Blinking Yellow, then you need to unpair it and pair a new one.
- You have lost your remote, so you need to get a new one and that’s why you will unpair the old one and pair the new one with your Firestick.
- If your Firestick remote already paired doesn’t work properly, you should try pairing another device’s remote and after that unpair it.
Unpairing Firestick Remote is a fairly easy process and you can either do it by using the device or by using the smartphone app. In this article, we will address How to Unpair Firestick Remote when it is paired to one device as well as more than one device. Please keep in mind that once the remote is paired with one Firestick device, you can’t use it with another unless unpaired from the existing one.
How to Unpair Firestick Remote
If you want to unpair the Firestick remote that is paired to one device, then it is a straightforward process. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know How to Unpair Firestick Remote when paired with one device.
- Turn off your Firestick device, and unplug it from your TV.
- Plugin the Firestick device to which you want to pair the remote, and turn in on.
- On the Firestick remote, press and hold the “Home” button for 10-20 seconds.
- After a while, a message will appear on the screen prompting that pairing has been successful.
- Finally, the Firestick remote is unpaired with your old device and paired with a new one.
Check Out: How to Fix Firestick Remote Not Pairing
Using Mobile App
Just like I said earlier until you connect the secondary remote to your Firestick, you can’t unpair the existing one because you have to control your device. So we will use the Firestick App for controlling Firestick.
- First of all, press and hold the Back, Menu, and Home buttons on your Firestick remote for about 20-25 seconds.
- Post that, the LED on Firestick remote will start blinking either Red or Orange.
- Install the Firestick Remote App on your smartphone. It is available for both Android and iOS and you can easily install it from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Once installed, launch the application on your smartphone. As soon as you launch it, the app will ask to enable notification. Click on “No Thanks” and proceed.
- The most important part is to connect your smartphone and Firestick device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In the app, select your Firestick device from the list.
- You will be asked to enter a code, enter the code that appears on your TV screen.
- Finally, you will be able to see all the paired remotes with your Firestick device on the remote app.
- Now go to Firestick Settings by pressing the Settings icon on the remote app.
- In the Controller & Bluetooth Devices, select Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Now choose the remote that you want to unpair. You can see the physical remote details and also the remote app.
- Now press the “Menu” button on your remote app.
- Finally, click the Select button on the Firestick remote mobile app to disconnect your Firestick remote.
- This is How to Unpair Firestick Remote while using the remote app.
Unpair Two Firestick Remotes Paired to the Same Firestick
- On your remote, press the Home button and land on your home screen.
- Now go to Settings on your home screen.
- In the Settings, go to Controllers & Bluetooth Devices settings.
- Select Amazon Fire TV Remote option and tap on it.
- You will see a list of all remotes that are already paired with your Firestick devices. Select the remote that you want to unpair.
- Once you select the remote that you want to unpair, tap the Select button on the other remote to disconnect your Firestick remote.
This procedure is exactly the same as we did with the remote app but instead of using the remote app, we will be using another paired remote. This is another way How to Unpair Firestick Remote when more than one remote is paired.
Try the above-mentioned methods to unpair the Firestick remote and pair a new one. If you still cannot unpair your Firestick Remote, then try to reset your Firestick remote. Another easy way to remove all the paired remotes is to Reset the Firestick to Factory settings. But keep in mind that resting will remove all of its data so make a backup before you go for reset.
If this article “How to Unpair Firestick Remote” helps you in solving your problem, do give us your valuable feedback via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we pair many remotes to one Firestick device?
Yes, you can pair as many remotes as you can but only one will work at a time.
How to unpair a single Firestick remote?
You can’t unpair a single Firestick remote. You can use a remote app for this purpose.