ESPN at a Glance
Table of Contents
ESPN is a sports streaming platform based in America that specialized in live sports, highlights, on-demand videos, and other sports-related content. It is available on multiple platforms like Android, Roku, FireStick, iOS, and many more. ESPN is available in more than 200 countries all over the world.
While you can use it on your smartphone, you can stream it on your Smart TV right from your iPhone or Android by using Google Chromecast. I will show you How to Chromecast ESPN to TV using an Android or iOS smartphone.
Additionally, you can also use ESPN on cable tv or buy an ESPN+ subscription that offers further services like additional live events, movies, and on-demand shows costing you just $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year.
How to watch ESPN on Google TV
If you are using the latest version of Chromecast which is called Chromecast with Google TV allowing you to install applications from the Google Play Store, then follow this method. If you have an older version of Chromecast, then follow the next methods to Watch ESPN on Google TV with Chromecast.
- Launch your Google TV and then head to the Apps section on your Homescreen.
- Then tap on the “Search for Apps” button.
- In the search bar, type “ESPN” using the onscreen keyboard. You can also give a voice command.
- Select the ESPN application from the search result, and click on install.
- Wait for a little for the completion of installation, then open the application.
- Finally, you can sign in using two options. The first option is by signing in with your cable TV subscription to stream ESPN and the second one is to stream ESPN by paying a $6.99/Month subscription or $69.99/Anum.
How to Chromecast ESPN
ESPN can be streamed on multiple devices like Android, iOS, and web browsers. It means that you can easily Chromecast by using the following methods. What you need to make sure of before the process is that both your Chromecast and the casting device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Let us first see with the help of an Android or iOS App, How to Chromecast ESPN to TV.
Using ESPN App
(1) Download the ESPN application on your smartphone. You can download it from Google PlayStore if you are an Android user, and the Apple App store if you are an iOS user.
(2) Once the ESPN app is installed, proceed with streaming your favorite show or movie.
(3) On the top right corner, you can see the Cast icon. Once you tap it, you will get all the nearby devices list.
(4) Choose the Chromecast device you want to stream.
(5) Wait for a few seconds, finally, your devices will be paired up automatically and your video will be played on your TV. This is your answer to the question How To Chromecast ESPN to TV.
Using Google Chrome
(1) Go to the official website of ESPN using Google Chrome Browser on your PC. Make sure that your Google Chrome is updated.
(2) Then go to the right-most corner and click on the three dots.
(3) Scroll down to the 8th option called “Cast”, and click on it.
(4) It will show you a list of available devices. Now select the device you want to cast.
(5) In the next step, you will be asked to either cast the whole desktop or just a particular tab. You have to select the Cast Tab menu.
(6) This way, you can Stream ESPN on your TV with the help of a Chromecast device.
Now you know How to Chromecast ESPN on TV using your smartphone and your PC, which means that you can watch your favorite sports event on your TV.
Check Out: How to Stream Peacock TV on Samsung Smart TV & How to Stream Hulu TV on LG Smart TV
ESPN Chromecast Troubleshooting
It is quite possible that ESPN might not work with Chromecast due to multiple reasons. You can try the following to troubleshoot it.
- You may need to update your current Android or iOS version.
- Try restarting your Chromecast, your smartphone, or the PC you are trying to cast.
- The ESPN app on your smartphone may need to update.
- Make sure all of your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and the Wi-Fi network is working properly.
- Update the Google Chrome Browser.
- Try updating Chromecast to its latest firmware.
This is How to watch ESPN on Google TV either by installing it on your Google TV or using your smartphone or your PC. I think it is a pretty straightforward process, yet if you have any issue with How to Chromecast ESPN to TV, you can always ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you Watch ESPN on Chromecast?
Yes, you can either cast the contents from your smartphone or PC to your Chromecast device.
How to get ESPN without a cable TV network?
You can buy the ESPN+ subscription as an alternative way to cable TV.
Can I watch the Bills game on ESPN Plus?
Yes, you can watch the Buffalo Bill Games on ESPN Plus.
Is there any free version of ESPN for Live streaming?
No, unfortunately, there is no free version of ESPN for live streaming. You have to buy the subscription plan to watch live streaming.