Overview of Locast
Table of Contents
Locast is an American non-profit TV television streaming platform that allows you to stream local TV channels for free. It is available in a few states of America specifically only 19 states. To use Locast you have to sign up online, enter your email address, and verify that you sign up and log in from the supported state of the US, and then you can select among local broadcasters and stream your favorite local station absolutely free.
Although it is free, you get premium channel content including ABC, PBS, CNBC, CBS, and other popular networks. Locast is an application but serves as a digital translator because it streams the signal over the Internet to consumers located within select markets rather than over-the-air like traditional broadcast services.
Locast is available for multiple platforms like Android and you can also install Locast on Firestick and watch premium content for free. This tutorial will teach you How to install Locast on Firestick using two different methods.
How to install Locast on Firestick?
Fortunately, Locast application is available on the Amazon App Store so you won’t need any third-party app to install Locast on Firestick. It is a straightforward procedure and below is all the mandatory steps that you should follow.
- Tap on the search icon on your Firestick’s Homescreen.
- In the search bar, write “Locast” using the onscreen keyboard.
- Right under the Apps and Games, you will find Locast app in the search result.
- Tap on it and on the application information page, click on Get to download Locast app on Firestick.
- Wait for a while until the download process is finished.
- Open the Locast app on Firestick and select your locality and start watching all your favorite content for free.
Check Out: How to Play iTunes on Firestick & How to watch SEC Network on Firestick
The alternate method to install Locast on Firestick
Another way of installing Locast on Firestick is by visiting the Amazon App Store on your PC and then sign in using your Amazon credentials and downloading the app. For details, refer to below mentioned points.
- On your browser, visit the Amazon store and then sign in with the same credentials that you use for Firestick.
- In the search bar of Amazon, write “Locast” and click on the search icon.
- Once you select the Locast app from the search result, click on Get App on the next page.
- Wait for a while and Locast app on Firestick will be installed. Now turn on your Firestick device and in the Apps & Games tab, you will be able to find Locast on Firestick.
Locast is a non-profit organization because it works as a digital TV Translator as a public service. It will help you watch tons of premium free content right on your smartphone and TV. It is a must-have application because all you need is a smartphone, or PC and an internet connection and you can watch content for free.
I hope this tutorial about How to install Locast on Firestick is helpful, if you have any queries about it, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get Locast on FireStick?
Yes, as the Locast app is available on the Amazon App store, you can easily download it from the store either on your Firestick or by using your PC.
Is Locast contnet free to watch?
Yes, Locast offers content that is free of cost. You can watch channels like CNN, ABC, and more for free.
Can I watch live TV on Locast?
Yes, you can watch multiple live TV channels on Locast provided that your locality supports the app.