The MotionEye for PC app is basically an interface to interact with the MotionEye powered camera devices, or other camera devices, all in one app. You can use it as a Home Surveillance System that offers a native MotionEye interface that maintains a consistent MotionEye UI.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is MotionEye?
- 2 Interesting features of MotionEye
- 3 Can I install MotionEye for PC?
- 4 Installing Bluestacks on PC
- 5 Installing MotionEye for PC using Bluestacks
- 6 Rating of MotionEye
- 7 Top Alternatives
- 8 Review
What is MotionEye?
The MotionEye for PC app is basically an interface to interact with the MotionEye powered camera devices, or other camera devices, all in one app. You can use it as a Home Surveillance System that offers a native MotionEye interface that maintains a consistent MotionEye UI. This is one of the best applications if you are looking for surveillance purposes.
MotionEye for PC comes with amazing features like you can view and download motion-triggered videos or photos stored on Google Drive, or any other linked cloud storage. It means that it comes with built-in support for motion detection. You can also view all your network streams at once on the MotionEye app’s home screen itself.
Interesting features of MotionEye
- It allows you to view and download motion-triggered videos or photos stored on Google Drive, Dropbox or any other linked cloud storage.
- You can easily add multiple network cameras in the app. Although it is natively designed to work with MotionEye and MotionEye OS powered cameras, it also supports other network cameras.
- With MotionEye, you can view all your network stream at once on the MotionEye app’s home screen itself.
- If you need any help, just navigate to Help and FAQ section of the app to fix app-related issues faster.
- It is even more feasible for you if you are a developer because the MotionEye app is open-source.
- This application is updated on daily basis, so stay tuned for the next update, more awesome features are on their way.
Can I install MotionEye for PC?
Yes, you can install MotionEye for PC with the help of an Android emulator. An Android emulator is a third-party application that will help you run any of the Android applications on your Windows or macOS powered PC. Bluestacks is one of the most famous Android emulators that you can get for free. I will be using Bluestacks in demonstrating how you can install MotionEye for PC.
Before installing the emulator, let us first have a look at the system requirements of the Bluestacks emulator for both Windows and macOS. So let us get started with it.
Installing Bluestacks on PC
Below are the system requirements of Bluestacks for Windows and macOS powered PCs. Once you are sure that your PC can run Bluestacks, then you can easily download it from its official website. Please keep in mind that you have to select the right operating system version and the correct Android architecture. Then click on download and it will start downloading the offline installer.
System Requirements for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 7.
- At least Dual-Core Intel or AMD Processor.
- The PC must be equipped with at least 2GB of RAM.
- 5GB Free Disk Space.
- You must be an Administrator on your PC.
- Up-to-date graphics drivers from the chipset vendor.
System Requirements for MacOS
- macOS Sierra 10.12 or above.
- The OS architecture should be 64bit.
- Dual-Core Intel or AMD Processor.
- Intel HD 5200 Graphics.
- Minimum 4GB of RAM.
- At least 8 GB of free HDD Space.
- Broadband internet connection.
- These are minimum requirements, for recommended requirements, please refer to the below picture.
Installing MotionEye for PC using Bluestacks
- Install the downloaded Bluestacks emulator and log in using your Gmail ID.
- In the Google Play Store write MotionEye in the search bar.
- Select it and tap on the install button.
- Wait for the installation to finish and go back to your home screen.
- You can see MotionEye for PC installed on your home screen.
- Open it and start using MotionEye on PC.
Rating of MotionEye
MotionEye has a rating of 4.6 in the Google Play Store.
MotionEye for PC has great features and is compatible with the MotionEye interface that maintains a consistent MotionEye UI. It is best practice to use MotionEye powered cameras with this application as some of the non-MotionEye cameras might not support. Please note If the app crashes please make sure that the Android WebView application is updated or try reinstalling the app.