Overview of MSG Go
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of MSG Go
- 2 How to add MSG Go on Firestick
- 3 Alternative Platforms to Watch MSG Go
- 4 Final Words
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
MSG Go is an official streaming partner of MSG Network that is a dedicated application, especially for New York residents where you can watch New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, New York Red Bulls, and Buffalo Sabres games.
It has amazing features like pictures in pictures with which you can watch MSG GO while browsing other apps on your device and never miss a second of the action. You can have a look at the full statistics while you watch the game in portrait mode.
One of the best parts about MSG Go is, that you don’t have to pay additional fees because can use the account credentials of your cable TV provider. MSG Go supports Chromecast but is not available for Firestick, so you have to use methods like Sideload to watch MSG Go on Firestick. Today I will show you three different methods about How to add MSG Go on Firestick.
Check Out: How to Install Twitch on Firestick & How to add HGTV On Firestick
How to add MSG Go on Firestick
Unfortunately, MSG Go is not available on Firestick officially so we need some tweaks to add MSG Go on Firestick and enjoy it. Below are three methods that you can use to add MSG Go on Firestick.
Enable ABD Debugging
- Connect your Firestick with the TV.
- Then go to Settings on your Firestick.
- Under the MyFireTV section, choose Developers Option.
- Here in the Developers Option, you have to enable ABD Debugging.
- Also on the next screen, you need to enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Go to Firestick Setting, and then navigate to the System option.
- In System, go to the About section, and then head to Network.
- Here you will see the IP Address of your Firestick device.
- Here you will see the information about the network your Firestick is connected to. Note down the IP address of your Firestick.
- Now download and install Apps2Fire from the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
- Once the application is installed on your phone, launch it and go to the Set-Up section.
- Enter the noted IP address of your Firestick.
- Now navigate to the Local section and go for MSG Go and then tap on it.
- In the following screen, you will find the install button, tap on it.
- It will install MSG Go on Firestick.
- That’s it, now you can watch your favorite games play on your Firestick.
Using Downloader App
- Click on the “Search” option on your Firestick screen.
- Type “Downloader App” using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the Downloader app from the search result.
- Click on the Get button and wait for some time.
- Then navigate to the Home Section of the Downloader App.
- Here you can see the URL field, where you have to enter the URL from where you will get the MSG Go APK. You can download its APK file from ApkMirror.
- It will add the Apk file of MSG Go on Firestick.
- Tap on the apk file and then click install.
- Finally, MSG Go will be installed on your Firestick device.
Using ES File Explorer
- Go to the “Search” option on your Firestick.
- Write ES Explorer using the On-Screen Keyboard.
- Choose the ES File Explorer app and click on the Get button.
- It will be downloaded on your Firestick in a while
- Now open the ES Explorer app and then navigate to the Downloader tab.
- Click on the “+New” button and then paste MSG Go download link.
- Give the name “MSG Go” in the namespace and the URL in the path.
- It will start downloading the apk file on your Firestick.
- Click on the install option in the pop-up of apk file.
- Wait for a while, and finally, you will have MSG Go installed on your Firestick.
Alternative Platforms to Watch MSG Go
If you don’t want to go through this hustle of Sideloading the application, you can also watch MSG Go on any of your streaming services that offer MSG Go in their subscription.
It may be opted by the majority of people because it is a very easy process and you don’t need to install any additional applications. You can also try out online subscription services like AT&T TV and Fubo TV, which already have MSG Go in their subscription plan.
MSG Go is an excellent streaming service for New Yorkers because it brings you the latest updates. You can set alerts & reminders so you never miss the game and also using the game schedule feature, you can view the upcoming matches. If you think the above-mentioned method is lengthy and difficult, then try mirroring your smartphone’s screen with your Firestick.
I hope our article about “How to add MSG Go on Firestick” is helpful. If you have any queries, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Amazon Fire Stick have MSG?
Unfortunately, MSG Go is only available for mobile devices and hence not available on Amazon Firestick.
Can you get MSG GO on a smart TV?
You can only mirror MSG Go content to your TV because it is only available for smartphones. You can download MSG Go on an Android smartphone (Android 4.4 or above) and Apple iPhone( iOS 9.0 or higher).
Can you watch MSG on Hulu?
As MSG Go on Firestick is not available, the same is the case with Hulu Live TV. You can’t watch it on Hulu either.