Overview of Oxygen
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of Oxygen
- 2 How to Add Oxygen on Roku?
- 3 How to Activate Oxygen on Roku?
- 4 Alternative ways to stream Oxygen on Roku
- 5 Final Words
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Oxygen is an American-based entertainment channel owned by NBC Universal. Launched in 2000, Oxygen is famous for covering true crime stories, watching live TV, and streaming movies and past season content. As it is owned by NBC, you can watch video-on-demand content from across the NBCUniversal family of networks (including NBC, Bravo, USA, SYFY, MSNBC, CNBC, Universal Kids, Telemundo, and Universo.
Oxygen app has many features including a dedicated page for each network showcasing the hottest series, a catalog of recent and throwback favorites available to watch, filter shows by network and genre while browsing, and more. Oxygen is available for multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Chromecast, and Roku. Oxygen has a standalone channel for Roku and you can easily add and activate Oxygen on Roku.
How to Add Oxygen on Roku?
Fortunately, Oxygen is officially available on the Roku Channel Store so you can easily add it from there. For details, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First things first, connect your Roku device to your TV using the HDMI port, and then turn on your TV.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels” on your home screen.
- In the Streaming Channel section, tap on the Search Channels button and write Oxygen using the onscreen keyboard.
- Select Oxygen from the search results and tap on it.
- It will take you to the Channel Information page, from that page select “Add Channel”.
- Finally, click Ok as soon as your download is complete.
- Now that you have downloaded Oxygen on Roku, you must activate it before you can start streaming its content.
Check out: How to watch Uzzu TV on Roku
How to Activate Oxygen on Roku?
- Once Oxygen on Roku is added, launch it on your Roku-connected TV.
- Then head to the Sign-in option.
- As soon as you provide your credentials, a code will appear on the screen. Note down the code.
- Open any browser either on your PC or smartphone and visit “https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate?brand=oxygen“. Enter the code in the box and then click on “Continue“.
- Once you enter the code and click on continue, you will be able to start streaming content of Oxygen on Roku.
Alternative ways to stream Oxygen on Roku
If you don’t want to install Oxygen on Roku, and you already have a subscription to other TV service providers that offer Oxygen, then you can watch all of its content. Below are some of the TV service providers that offer Oxygen content.
Sling TV is a premium service streaming service all around the world providing quality entertainment content and live TV as well. You can stream Oxygen on Sling with its Sling Orange subscription. The Sling Orange subscription will cost you $30/Month and you will get premium channels including AMC, CNN, ESPN, Food Network, and TBS with Oxygen. You should also add a Lifestyle add-on worth $5/Month.
FuboTV is another streaming service where it streams famous live TV channels. Its basic plan starts at $69.99/Month and offers 90 channels to stream. You can stream Oxygen on Roku if you have a FuboTV subscription. With an additional add-on, you can watch other amazing channels. It also offers a 7-days free trial.
AT&T TV is another high quality streaming service that offers quality content. It is a subscription based service and it offers multiple plans. You can stream Oxygen on AT&T TV with its Ultimate package that costs around $94/Month. You get HD channels in this plan. Some famous channels in this plan are A&E, AMC, BET, HGTV, FX, and WE TV.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is a famous streaming service that offers both video on demand and live TV. Its plans starts from $64.99/Month offering 70 channels. You get Oxygen with its basic plan. In this plan, you will get other channels including A&E, Bravo, ESPN, TNT, truTV, MTV, and VH1. It also offers a 7-day free trial.
These are some of the simple ways that you can use to Add and Activate Oxyegen on Roku. If you are interested in crime shows like Buried in the Backyard, Cold Justice, Florida Man Murders, and Killer Motive then you should install Oxygen to watch these amazing shows. It has some of the great archived shows for women including As She Sees It, Bachelorette Party: Las Vegas, and Bad Girls Road Trip.
I hope this tutorial about How to Add and Activate Oxygen on Roku is helpful. If you have any queries you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch Oxygen on Roku?
Yes, you can watch Oxygen on Roku by adding Oxygen Channel from the Roku Channel Store. After that, you have to activate the Oxygen application as well.
Is the Oxygen channel free on Roku?
The Oxygen app is free to download on Roku but you have to buy a subscription to watch its content and it is not free.
Is Oxygen on any streaming service?
Oxygen is available on multiple streaming services and you can watch it without cable on Sling, DirecTV Stream, Fubo TV, Hulu, and YouTube TV.