Table of Contents
Reddit is a social bookmarking website famous for most authentic and interesting discussions that you can find on internet. It has more than 100k active communities including gaming communities, nostalgic internet forums, bloggers, meme-makers, video streamers, support groups, news junkies, armchair experts, seasoned professionals, and artists.
Reddit is also famous for viral content and it is said that most viral content is initially shared on Reddit. Reddit and all of its content is totally free and all you need is a valid email ID for sign up. You can join the communities called subreddits and post in there and even chat within the community. Once you post in a subreddit, other users can either upvote or downvote your content.
Reddit is available for Android, iOS, and many other platforms. If you want to use Reddit on Firestick, you have to install Kodi first. After that, you will be able to access Firestick Reddit version and its amazing content. Before proceeding with How to install Reddit on Firestick, let us have a look at the features of Reddit on Firestick.
Features of Reddit on Firestick
Thousands of Communities
With Reddit on Firestick, you get thousands of communities no matter whether you’re into breaking news, sports, TV fan theories, or a never-ending stream of the internet’s cutest animals, there’s a community on Reddit for you.
Live video Streams, Chats, and Talks
Reddit also offers streaming videos, live chats, and live audio conversations that give you a variety of ways to connect with people in the moment.
Eye Catching Discussions
Reddit’s communities have experts and its discussion threads are where community members jump in to provide commentary, humor, and insight.
With Reddit’s anonymous feature, you can surf this application, enjoy its content without even logging in. This feature is just amazing and I personally love it.
Check Out: How to install Daily Motion on Firestick & How to update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
How to install Reddit on Firestick using Kodi
Unfortunately, Reddit is not available in the Amazon App Store. You will have to use Reddit on Firestick with Kodi. Below is the step by step procedure of How to Install Reddit on Firestick using Kodi.
- First of all, connect Firestick device to your smart TV. Install Kodi app from the Amazon App Store.
- On your Firestick Homescreen, tap on Apps section.
- Then click on “See All” option that you will be prompted on the next screen.
- Now open Kodi app on your Firestick and then click on “Add-Ons“
- Click on “Module” on the upper left corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, select “Install from Repository” option from the list.
- If you have not installed any other Repository, then skip the next stpe. Otherwise choose Kodi Add-On Repository.
- From the next screen, select the Video Add-Ons option from the given menu.
- On the next screen, you will see list of available video Add-Ons. scroll down to select Reddit Viewer or the Reddit.com add-on.
- Once you select it, tap on install in the coming screen.
- Tap on Ok button until Reddit Ad-On and its associated files are downloaded on Kodi.
- After a few minutes, Reddit Viewer Add-On will be installed on Kodi and you will get a notification on the top right corner for completion.
- Now go back to Kodi Add-Ons and you will see Reddit viewer there.
- Open Reddit on Kodi app and you will see different categories like Vimeo, YouTube, Liveleak, GfyCat, Dailymotion, and more.
- Click Add reddit folder to add a new folder to the Reddit account.
- Finally, click on Search for Reddit folder if you want to search for specific Subreddit.
If you want to keep yourself updated, then you must install Reddit on Firestick. For any social media user, it is a must have app to be in smartphone. You can even browse this app in anonymous mode without logging in. Installing Firestick Reddit version is a little tricky but if you follow every step in the same order, you will get it installed easily.