About Roku App
Table of Contents
- 1 About Roku App
- 2 Features of the Roku App for PC
- 3 Roku App for PC || Windows & Mac using Remote Tool
- 4 Using Bluestacks Emulator on Windows & Mac PC
- 5 Using Chromebook
- 6 Wrapping Up
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
Roku has a standalone application for mobile devices making it easy to control your Roku device’s multiple functions without using its remote. With the help of this application, you can control your Roku device, cast the locally stored files, use it as a voice remote & keyboard, add or remove Roku Channels, or Rename your Roku Device. Roku App is available for Android and iOS and you can easily download it from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Roku App for PC was available in the Microsoft App Store but due to certain reasons, it was removed from the store. Still, there are certain ways that you can use to control your Roku from a PC without having a standalone Roku App for PC. Before that, let us see what are the features of the Roku App.
Features of the Roku App for PC
You can use the Roku app to control your Roku device. Just like its remote, you can launch channels, movies, tv shows, add or remove channels, and more on your streaming device.
Roku Channel Store
With the Roku app, you can access Roku Channel Store and it allows you to add your favorite channels from thousands of available channels. However, the added channels won’t show immediately but will take 24 hours to be available in your channel list.
The Roku app comes with the feature of Voice Search that you can use to do multiple tasks. The Voice search feature is really helpful because you won’t have to type anything, simply give a command and your command will be followed instantly.
This is a very interesting feature. This feature is called private listening which allows you to listen to Roku audio via headphones connected to a smartphone that has a Roku app installed on it. This feature is very helpful when there is a lot of noise or other disturbance in the room.
Roku has tons of movies, TV shows, live TV channels, and more. On the Roku app, you will get the latest updates about movies and TV shows as it is updated frequently.
Roku App for PC || Windows & Mac using Remote Tool
- Download and install the Roku remote tool from the official website of Roku.
- Then click on “Select a device” to view “Device manager”, or if the device manager shows automatically, simply click on “Add a device” to set up a new device.
- Make sure that your PC and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Either your device will automatically appear or you have to enter the IP address of your Roku device. You can find the IP address in Settings >> Network.
- It is better to give your device a unique name if you have more than one Roku device, then click on Add.
- Finally, your device will be added successfully and you can control Roku Device with your PC using Roku App for PC.
Using Bluestacks Emulator on Windows & Mac PC
- Download and install any Android emulator like Bluestacks on your PC or Mac.
- Launch Bluestacks emulator on your PC, sign in to it using your Google credentials and then navigate to Play Store.
- Once logged in to the Google Play Store, search for the Roku Mobile app.
- Select Roku Mobile App from the search result, and install it on your Bluestacks emulator.
- Launch Roku App for PC on your emulator, and log in with your Roku credentials.
- Make sure that your PC and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Finally, you will be able to control Roku from your PC using the Bluestacks’ Roku App for PC.
- On your Chromebook, install RoByte from the Chrom Webstore.
- Make sure that your Chromebook and Roku are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the RoByte app on your Chromebook and then click on the “+” icon to add your Roku device.
- Once the connection is successful, you will see options for controlling the device.
This is how you can control a Roku device from a PC without having a standalone Roku App for a PC.
If you don’t want to use Roku remote physically, then it is advised to use the mobile application for Roku Remote as it offers better navigation and features including setting screensavers on Roku with your own photos and more. I hope this tutorial about How to Control Your Roku device with a PC is helpful. If you have any questions regarding configuring Roku App for PC, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a Roku TV remote app for Windows 7 and 10 PC?
Yes, Roku TV Remote app is available for Windows 7,8, and 10 but you won’t find it in the Microsoft store. You have to download it from the Roku official website.
Is Roku App for PC free?
Yes, Roku App for PC is totally free and easy to use with a good user interface and offers easy navigation.