- Via Downloader: On Fire TV, Enable Unknown Sources > Open Dowloader > Enter Sky Go Apk URL > click GO > Select Install > Click Open > Sign In.
- Via ES File Explorer: Turn on Unknown Sources > Launch ES File Explorer > Select Downloader > Click + New > Enter Sky GO apk URL as path > Sky Go as name > Click Download Now > Select Open File > Click Install > Select Open to login.
- By Screen Mirroring: Connect Fire TV & Android to same WIFI > Enable Screen Mirroring on Firestick > Launch Sky Go app on Android > Open Notification Panel > Click Screen Cast > Choose Fire TV.
- Using Aptoide TV: Open Downloader > Enter Aptoide TV Apk > Click Go > Select Install and Open > Click the Search Bar > Search for Sky Go > Click Install > Launch & Login.
- Fire TV users can install Sky Go as a Kodi addon using the SlyGuy repository.
Sky GO Overview
Table of Contents
- 1 Sky GO Overview
- 2 Is Sky Go available on Amazon App Store?
- 3 How to install Sky Go on Firestick?
- 4 How to Screen Mirror Sky Go on Firestick
- 5 How to Fix Sky Go not working on Firestick
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
Sky Go is an entertainment platform where you can watch movies, TV Show, Series, documentaries, and live TV from the Sky network. With Sky Go, you get access to around 70 channels of different categories including News, Sports, Kids, Documentaries, Movies, and more.
With Sky Go Extra, you’re able to download your favorite recordings to watch even when you’re offline, which means that you can now carry hits like Chernobyl, Big Little Lies, or Love Island with you wherever you go. You can watch multiple Sky network channels including Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Sky Sports, and more.
Sky Go is available for multiple platforms including Android, iOS, and Roku, and you can also install Sky Go on Firestick. Although, Sky Go is not available on the Amazon App Store, with the help of Downloader, you can easily install Sky Go on Firestick using its apk.
Is Sky Go available on Amazon App Store?
As said earlier, Sky Go is not officially available in the Amazon App Store. For this reason, you have to use the sideload method and a third-party application like Downloader. Before installing any application’s apk you need to enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources” from the “Developer Option” in the Settings of Fire TV.
How to install Sky Go on Firestick?
Enable Developers Mode
- On your Firestick’s home screen, click on the Settings icon.
- Navigate to “My Fire TV”, using your remote.
- Once you tap on it, you will need to tap on the Developer Option.
- In the Developer option, click on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option.
- You should have Downloader or ES File Explorer installed on your Firestick (you can easily install it from Amazon App Store). Select either of the application and then tap on “Turn on“.
Download Sky Go APK using Downloader
- Once you have enabled this option, go back to the Home screen and click the Apps option and you will find “Downloader” there. Install it from the Amazon App Store if you don’t have it.
- Launch the “Downloader” app and go to the search bar. Type the Sky Go download URL “https://bit.ly/3jbTLGf” in the search bar and then click on Go.
- Click the Download and Install button on the subsequent screens to install the Sky Go app.
- Once the application is successfully installed, click on Open on the next screen.
- Finally, Sign up or log in with your Sky TV account credentials and you will be able to watch Sky Go on Firestick.
Install Sky Go on Firestick using ES File Explorer
If you have ES File explorer already on your Firestick device, then you don’t need to install the Downloader application as ES File Explorer will help you in installing Sky Go on Firestick. Moreover, if you don’t have ES File Explorer, then you need to install it first.
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV and click on the search icon.
- Write ES File Explorer using the onscreen keyboard, and select it from the suggestion box.
- From the Apps and Games category, select ES File Explorer.
- Once you are on the app information page, click on the Download or Get button to install the application on your Fire TV.
- It will take a little while to install ES File Explorer. Once the installation process is completed, click on the “Open” button to launch it on your device.
- Once your ES File Explorer is launched, click the Downloader icon or use the Tools > Downloader command.
- After that, you will be able to see your current downloads if any, and you can also initiate a new download by clicking on the “+ New ” icon.
- It will ask you for apk link. Paste the Sky Go apk link “https://bit.ly/3jbTLGf” in the path. In the Name field, write Sky Go or whatever you like, and then click on “Download Now”.
- The APK file will be downloaded in a while.
- Once the file is completely downloaded, click on the Open File button.
- Click on the install button to install Sky Go on Firestick.
- Finally, Sky Go will be installed. Launch the app on your Fire TV and log in using your credentials.
How to Side Load Sky Go on Firestick using Aptoide TV
Just like Downloader, you can also sideload applications like Sky Go and many other on Amazon Firestick.
- Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick device.
- Click on the URL field in the Downloader app and enter the Aptoide TV URL.
- Then allow the downloader to connect to the Aptoide TV server.
- After successful connection, download the application and install it once downloading is complete.
- On the installation screen, click on Install.
- Once installation is complete, open the Atpoide TV application on your Fire TV.
- On the main menu of Aptoide TV, tap on the search bar and type SKy Go.
- Select the Sky Go application and click on install button to download it.
- Open Sky Go on your Fire TV and enter your credentials.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go on Firestick
As Sky Go is not officially available in the Amazon App Store and you will have to install it using a third-party application. Some people don’t prefer installing apks using third-party applications, if you are one of them then you can screen mirror Sky Go on Firestick from your smartphone. For this purpose, you have to enable screen mirroring from Settings.
- On your Firestick device, Go to Settings >> Display & Sound Option.
- From Display & Sound options, Enable the Display Mirroring option and tap on it.
- Choose Mirroring from the options available on the page.
- Finally, you will get a screen stating “While this screen is open, guest devices can Wirelessly mirror their Display to” click Ok, and make sure that your smartphone and Firestick device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the “Cast” icon on your smartphone. If you are using iPhone, you can use the “Screen Mirroring” button on your control center.
- After that, you will see a list of available devices. Choose your Firestick device and finally watch Sky Go on Firestick using your smartphone.
- Run any video on your smartphone and you will be able to display it on your Firestick connected TV.
How to Fix Sky Go not working on Firestick
If you sideload Sky Go on Firestick instead of screen mirroring, it may lead to some potential problems. You have to find a way to fix those problems for seamless streaming. Below are some of the most common issues with their fixes.
- If your Sky Go app keeps crashing, then it means that you are using an outdated version of the application. If Sky Go is not updated, update it. The procedure is the same as that of Updating Peacock TV on Amazon Fire TV.
- If you have been using the Sky Go app for a long time, you may need to clear the Cache to counter any glitches while streaming the app.
- If none of the above works for you, then it is recommended to uninstall the application and then reinstall it.
- If uninstalling doesn’t work, then the best you can do is to reset your Firestick device. Be sure to make a backup of your Firestick device.
Sky Go is not available in the Amazon App Store so you have to install it via apk using a third-party application like Downloader. You can also screen mirror Sky Go on Firestick right from your smartphone. All you need to do is to enable is the screen mirroring feature from the Settings. If you’re already a Sky TV customer, Sky Go is part of your Sky TV package, so there is no extra cost for Sky TV customers.
I hope this tutorial about How to install Sky Go on Firestick is helpful, if you have any issues you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sky Go available on Amazon Fire Stick?
Nope, Sky Go is not available on the Amazon App Store. However, you can install Sky Go on Amazon Firestick using the Downloader app and finding its apk.
Does Sky Go work on fire TV?
Yes, once you find the apk of Sky Go, you can easily install it on Amazon Firestick using the above-mentioned methods.
Can I get Sky Go on Firestick using Apps2Fire?
Yes, it is possible to get Sky Go on your Firestick device. You must know the IP address of your Firestick which you can easily find from the about section in the settings.