Table of Contents
- 1 About Sky Go
- 2 How to Stream Sky Go on Roku?
- 3 Final Words
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
About Sky Go
Sky Go is a product of Sky TV where you can watch live TV and on-demand content. It is a paid application but if you are already a Sky TV subscriber, then you can use it for free. Sky Go has more than 200 TV channels including video-on-demand. It has some amazing top-notch channels like Channel 4, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, and more.
Sky Go is available for smartphones and PCs only and you can not directly install Sky Go on Roku or any other streaming devices or smart TVs. To watch Sky Go on Roku, you need to install it on your smartphone or PC and then mirror its screen to your streaming device. There are multiple methods that will help you in doing so and I have mentioned all possible methods that will allow you to watch Sky Go on Roku.
How to Stream Sky Go on Roku?
You can sideload Sky Go on Firestick and it works fine as well but this is not the case with Roku. You can’t sideload Sky Go which means that the only way to watch Sky Go on Roku is to make use of the screen mirroring feature. By default, the screen mirror option is disabled, so first of all, you have to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku device.
Enable Screen Mirroring
Please note that your Roku OS must be equipped with Roku OS 7.7 or the latest. If you don’t know about your current Roku OS version, then head to Settings > System > About. It will show you the current version of Roku OS.
- Turn your Roku device on and connect it to a Wi-Fi network.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button and select Settings from the Home screen.
- Once in Settings, navigate to System.
- Select Screen Mirroring Mode and then click on either Always Allow or Prompt. If you choose Always Allow, any device to mirror onto your Roku without a prompt and if you choose Prompt, then it will first request a permission prompt when there is a screen mirroring request.
- You can also select Screen Mirroring devices and choose which devices you want to allow and which you want to block.
Cast Sky Go from Android
Almost all Android phones have built-in screen mirroring feature support. You can easily screen mirror your Android phone to Roku. Although all Android phones have this feature, still you might get different naming conventions from different brands. The following are different terms used for screen mirroring on different Android phones depending on your brand of Android phone.
- Make sure that your smartphone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- First, swipe down the notification panel to check if it has a Cast option. Then Go to Settings on your Android device and then search for Cast. If you don’t find Cast in the settings, look for alternative terms from the above table. I am using an Oppo smartphone and it shows ScreenCast.
- Once you enable Cast, it will search for available Roku devices. Select your Roku device from the list.
- You will see a warning message, click Start Now.
- Install the Sky Go on your smartphone and launch it. Now play any video that you want and it will be displayed on your TV.
Cast Sky Go from Windows PC
First, download the Sky Go app on your desktop from the official website. Once downloaded, install it, launch it, and log in to your account. Follow the below-mentioned steps ahead.
- Click on the bottom right side of your screen on the notification bar to access the Action Center.
- Then click on Connect and select your Roku device.
- You will be asked permission for your desktop to allow screen mirroring. Allow it.
- Open Sky Go on your PC and start playing any content. It will be displayed on your Roku and this is how you can watch Sky Go on Roku using your desktop PC.
Check Out: How to download Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV
Cast Sky Go from iOS Devices
Download Sky Go on your iOS device from the Apple App Store. To initiate screen mirroring from iOS to Roku, your Roku must support the AirPlay feature. The below-mentioned Roku devices support the AirPlay feature.
Other Roku devices like Roku Express 3700, Roku Express+ 3710, and Roku Express+ 3910 don’t provide support for the AirPlay feature. To activate the AirPlay feature,
- Go to Settings from the home screen.
- In Settings, choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
- Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Click Turn On, and it will activate AirPlay on your Roku.
- Connect your iPhone and your Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone, swipe down the screen to access the control center. Then click on the screen mirroring option.
- It will display a list of available Roku devices, select your Roku device.
- Play any content on your iPhone and it will be displayed on Roku.
This is How to Stream Sky Go on Roku using your iPhone. Now let us see How you can watch Sky Go on Roku using Mac PC.
Cast Sky Go from Mac PC
First of all, download the Sky Go app on your Mac PC from its official website. Once installed, sign in to your account. You can either use the AirPlay feature in the Mac to screen mirror Mac to Roku or you can watch Sky online and AirPlay it to TV.
- It is important to connect your Mac PC and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the AirPlay icon on top of the menu bar.
- Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Now open the Sky Go app on your Mac PC and start streaming content and it will be displayed on your Roku.
With the help of screen mirroring and the AirPlay feature, you don’t have to worry if an application doesn’t exist for one platform or another. Sooner or later, Sky Go on Roku will officially be released, but until then you have to watch Sky Go on Roku by using the screen mirroring feature. Do let us know if you face any issues while screen mirroring Sky Go on Roku and we will help you sort it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sky Go available on Roku?
Nope, Sky Go on Roku is not available. You have to use the screen mirroring feature to watch its content.
What devices are compatible with Sky Go?
Multiple devices including iOS, Android, Playstation, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV devices, Windows PC, and Mac PC are compatible with the Sky Go app.
What is Sky Go Extra?
Sky Go Extra is a subscription package that gives you the additional option of downloading your recorded shows that you can watch offline.
How to watch Sky Go in the USA?
With the help of any trusted VPN, you can watch Sky Go in the USA.