Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of Sky Go
- 2 Is Sky Go available on Samsung Smart TV?
- 3 How to Download Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV?
- 4 Final Words
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Overview of Sky Go
Sky Go is UK based video streaming platform where you can watch live sports, watch movies, TV shows, and much more. You can stream your favorite channels, including free-to-air favorites like ITV and Channel 4. You get recommendations of movies for you in the Sky Go application.
With Sky Go Extra, you can download your favorite content so that you can watch it offline later. Although Sky Go is a paid service, if you are already a Sky TV customer, you can access it for free because it is a part of the Sky TV package. It has a feature where you can pause shows on your TV in one room at home and pick them up on your device in another.
Sky Go is available for multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Chromecast, Firestick, and more. It is not officially available in the Samsung Smart TV apps section, but you can use multiple ways to download Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV.
Is Sky Go available on Samsung Smart TV?
Unfortunately, Sky Go is not available on Samsung Smart TV so we will use other methods to watch Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV. These methods include casting Sky Go from your PC to your Samsung Smart TV, Screen mirroring your smartphone, using your gaming consoles like PlayStation or Xbox, and using a Chromecast device.
How to Download Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV?
- Connect your PC and Samsung Smart TV using the HDMI port. Once you connect, the PC will detect Samsung Smart TV as a second monitor.
- Make sure that your PC and Samsung Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the browser on your PC and visit the official website of Sky Go. Log in to your Sky Go account using your credentials. Install the application on your PC.
- Once logged in, start watching Live TV or browse for your favorite content, and it will be displayed on Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your Chromecast device to the Samsung Smart TV’s HDMI port using an HDMI cable.
- Then connect your Chromecast, PC, and Samsung Smart TV to the same internet connection.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC and visit the official website of Sky Go.
- After you have visited the Sky Go official website, right-click on the screen and select the “Cast” option from the menu.
- It will show you a list of available Chromecast devices, select your Chromecast device.
- In the Sources drop-down menu, select “Cast Tab”.
- It will allow you to Chromecast Sky Go Content of Samsung Smart TV.
Using Gaming Console
- Connect your Xbox or PlayStation console to your Samsung Smart TV using the HDMI cable.
- Keep in mind that you have to connect these two to the same internet network.
- On either of your gaming console, go to the Homepage and head to the search box, and then type “TV from Sky”.
- Install the TV From Sky app on your gaming console, and you will be able to watch Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV using PlayStation or Xbox.
When it comes to smartphones, you can easily install Sky Go from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and watch Sky Go on your mobile. You can’t cast Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV using your smartphone because of the video output block for mobiles phones and also tablets.
It won’t even work if you connect your smartphone to Samsung Smart TV using an HDMI cable.
Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV will give you an amazing entertainment experience because of the bigger screen size as compared to watching it on a PC or smartphone. For me, Sky Go is important because I love sports and Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV keeps me updated about my favorite sports.
If you have any queries regarding How to Download Sky Go on Samsung Smart TV, you can ask us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use Sky Go on SmartPhone?
Yes, we can use Sky Go on phones. In fact, you can easily download its application from the store. You can’t cast its content on smart TV or streaming device.
Is Sky Go accessible in all countries?
Sky Go is a UK-based streaming platform. If you are outside of the UK and included in geo-restricted countries, you can use VPN to access Sky Go.
Can we cast Sky Go?
We can cast Sky Go using our PC or laptop to streaming devices or smart TVs. You can’t cast it from your smartphone.