What is Spectrum TV?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Spectrum TV?
- 2 Downloading Spectrum TV App on Vizio Smart TV
- 3 How to Cast Spectrum TV from Android to Vizio TV?
- 4 Alternative Way
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Spectrum TV is one of the finest video-on-demand services containing over 30,000 popular movies and around 250 TV channels like Food Network, AMC, HGTV, BBC, Animal Planet, and many more. It has some amazing features, out of which is the built-in DVR that lets you record movies and TV shows so that you can watch them offline.
You can stream your content on multiple devices if your Spectrum TV is connected to the internet. Spectrum TV is available for many platforms including Smart TVs. Today I will show you how you can download Spectrum TV App on Vizio Smart TV.
Spectrum TV also offers parental control where you can turn on parental controls and set a PIN to block shows by channel or rating. The blocks you set apply across each device in your household.
Downloading Spectrum TV App on Vizio Smart TV
It would have been very easy if the mobile application of Spectrum TV provided native support to the Chromecast. It means that you can not use the Smartcast feature on your Smart TV. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Spectrum TV App on Vizio Smart TV.
(1) First of all, launch your Vizio TV. Make sure that it is connected to an internet connection.
(2) Press the “V” button on your remote and then go to the Google Play Store.
(3) Use the search bar to find the Spectrum TV Application.
(4) Once found, select the application and then install it.
(5) After the application is downloaded and installed, launch it, and use your Spectrum TV credentials to log in.
(6) Finally, you can start streaming your favorite content from the Spectrum TV app on Vizio Smart TV.
How to Cast Spectrum TV from Android to Vizio TV?
You can also cast Spectrum TV from your Android device on Vizio Smart TV. All you need to do is to follow the below-mentioned steps, and you can enjoy your videos in a whole new way.
(1) First and most importantly, make sure that your smartphone and your Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(2) Launch the Google Home app on your smartphone and select Vizio TV.
(3) In the next step, you need to grant permission to mirror the screen on your smartphone.
(4) After your device screen was mirrored successfully, open the Spectrum TV app on your device and start streaming its contents.
(5) This way, finally your content will be mirrored and you can watch it on your Vizio Smart TV.
If there is any sort of connectivity issue while using the above two mentioned methods, you can go for a Wired connection For Vizio Smart TV as well.
- First of all, connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your VIZIO Smart TV input slot and the other to an open Ethernet port on your WiFi router.
- Press the menu button on your Vizio remote.
- Then select network and then press OK, and wait for a while.
- Choose the desired Wired Network.
- You will be prompted by a confirmation message when your connection is complete.
These are the two ways that you can use to get Spectrum TV App on Vizio Smart TV. I hope it is easy to understand, but still, if you have any issues, you can reach out to us via the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to download apps on Vizio Smart TV?
The internet-powered TV allows you to download apps whenever you want. You can download the Spectrum TV app and get access to unlimited TV entertainment.
What comes with the Spectrum TV app?
With Spectrum TV, you will get access to Live TV, over 30,000 On Demand titles, and also your DVR recordings.