Table of Contents
- 1 About Spotify
- 2 Pre Requisite of installing Spotify on Firestick
- 3 How to Play Spotify Music on Firestick using Spotify App
- 4 How to cast Spotify Music on Firestick from Smartphone
- 5 Wrapping Up
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Spotify is a music streaming service where you can listen to music and play millions of songs and podcasts for free. With Spotify, you can stream music and podcasts you love and find music from all over the world. Spotify is a perfect application especially for music lovers as you can enjoy music playlists and a unique daily mix made just for you.
Spotify is available for multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Chromecast, and Firestick. Spotify is available in the Amazon App Store, so it makes it easy to install Spotify on Firestick. Let me show you How to Use Spotify on Firestick from Amazon App Store and also cast Spotify from smartphones. You can install many other applications on Firestick like Twitch, Daily Motion, Zoom, and more.
Pre Requisite of installing Spotify on Firestick
In order to stream Spotify on Firestick, you need to set up Firestick with your TV using the below steps.
- Connect Amazon Firestick to your smart TV using the HDMI port.
- Enable a good speed internet connection to your TV.
- After that, log in to your Amazon account using your credentials.
Once you have set up the Amazon Firestick with your TV, now it’s time to install the Firestick Spotify version from Amazon App Store.
How to Play Spotify Music on Firestick using Spotify App
- Before you start with “How to Use Spotify on Firestick”, make sure that you have a Spotify account. If you don’t have an account, click here to create one.
- Once you have subscribed to Spotify, turn on the Firestick-connected smart TV.
- Tap on the search bar on the Homescreen.
- Write Spotify in the search bar using the onscreen keyboard and then press the search button.
- From the search result, select Spotify and then click on Get.
- Wait for the installation of Spotify on Firestick.
- Finally after a few minutes, you will be able to see Firestick Spotify on your home screen.
How to cast Spotify Music on Firestick from Smartphone
- If you don’t want to install Spotify Music App on Firestick, you can still enjoy Spotify Music by casting it from your smartphone.
- Install Spotify on your smartphone and login to your Spotify account.
- After logging in, play any of your favorite music on Spotify and then tap on the “Available Device” button.
- Select your Firestick device from the list.
- Finally, you will be able to stream Spotify Music on Firestick without installing the application.
These are the simple methods that allow you to stream Spotify Music content on Firestick. The first method of installing the Spotify Music App on an Amazon Firestick device is a very straightforward and easy method. The reason for casting Spotify on Amazon Firestick is if you have a storage space issue on your Firestick, or you have already Spotify installed on your smartphone, then you can opt for casting it from your mobile rather than installing it directly on your Firestick device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Spotify available on Amazon Firestick?
Yes, Spotify is available in the Amazon App Store and you can easily download it from the store on your Firestick.
Why can’t I play Spotify on Amazon Firestick?
If you can’t play Spotify on Amazon Fire TV, then try one of the following methods explained by Lifewire.
- Try logging into the Spotify app on your Fire Stick with your remote and browsing the music app directly
- Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app.
- The app installation may have been corrupted. Removing it and then downloading it again can fix this issue
Can I watch Spotify Videos on Firestick?
Yes, you can watch Spotify Videos on Firestick. You need to have fast internet for watching videos in a seamless way.