Table of Contents
- 1 Steam Games
- 2 Nvidia Shield TV
- 3 Playing Steam Games on Nvidia Shield using GeForce NOW
- 4 Nvidia Shield Steam Games List
- 5 Wrapping Up
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Steam is a very popular platform for gamers. It allows you to purchase, maintain, and play games on your compatible PC. The best part about Steam is you can play games with your friends. Steam allows you to play games on Android, iOS, and PC.
Most of the games on Steam are paid. However, you can play 225 supported Windows games on Steam as well. You can Chromecast Steam Games from your phone or PC. You can also play those Steam Games on Nvidia Shield TV that aren’t available with the help of this tutorial.
Nvidia Shield TV
Nvidia Shield TV is a streaming device like Chromecast or Firestick, that comes in two models currently named Nvidia Shield TV and Nvidia Shield Pro. No doubt that it is a high-end device powered by NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor with a 256-core NVIDIA GPU and 2 GB RAM. The Nvidia Shield TV runs Android 11.0 which is powered by Android TV with Chromecast 4K built-in.
As Nvidia is famous for gaming, Nvidia Shield TV supports a 4K HDR cloud gaming service for which a compatible game controller or keyboard/mouse is required. It comes with certain apps built-in like NVIDIA Games Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Google Play Movies & TV, IMDB.tv, Vudu, Amazon Music, Google Play Store, and more.
Playing Steam Games on Nvidia Shield using GeForce NOW
Let us start with our guide;
- First of all, go to Steam Website on your browser and create an account.
- Once Steam account is created successfully, connect your Nvidia Shield to your TV. Please make sure that it is connected to the internet.
- Then launch Nvidia Games App.
- Scroll down on the left side menu panel to select the “Settings“.
- Select the first option in settings that is “Log in”.
- On your Nvidia Shield TV screen, a verification code will appear.
- Visit “nvidia.com/login” on any web browser either on your smartphone or PC. Enter the verification code that recently appeared on Nvidia Shield TV screen.
- It will complete the login process. Now go to GeForce Now right next to My Games.
- Scroll down the library to enusre that Steam is installed.
- Now get back to previous screen and then navigate to Type section.
- Click on GeForce Now again.
- Choose a game and then click on “Play“.
- Finally, select a steam account and start playing.
Nvidia Shield Steam Games List
Once you are able to access Steam on your Nvidia Shield TV, you can play the following Steam Games on Nvidia Shield TV.
- Mini Ninjas
- Coffin Dodgers
- So Many Me
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Ultimate Chicken Horse
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
To play Steam games better on Nvidia Shield TV, it is recommended to use a mouse/keyboard or a controller. It will help you in enjoying your game and scoring higher as compared to your competitors. Not only for games, but it will also help you in navigation within the TV menus. If you have any query regarding “How to Play Steam games on Nvidia Shield” you can ask us via the comment seciton.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Steam Games on Nvidia Shield TV?
It is mandatory to login with the same account credentials that you use on both SHIELD TV and GeForce Experience in order to run Steam on Nvidia Shield.
Can I play Windows games on Nvidia Shield?
Yes you can. Infact, you will be able to play any of supported 225 games or even buy new ones directly from Steam and Uplay.
Is Nvidia Shield good for gaming?
Yes it is considered as the best combo of streaming device and gaming device.