Roku at a Glance
Table of Contents
Roku is one of the most popular streaming devices in the modern world. Not only streaming devices, but it has also joined hands with a few smart TV brands and released smart TVs with Roku OS like Hisense Roku and TCL Roku. Most of the Roku devices come with a remote to operate and navigate within the apps but what if you lose your remote or the remote stops responding. Today I will show you how you can Turn on Roku Without Remote.
This is to be used only in emergency cases. It is recommended to buy a new remote from Roku Store in case you have lost your remote. However, the Roku mobile application will work perfectly fine until and unless, both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Turn on Roku without Remote?
As we all know that streaming devices are not independent and peripheral of the TV which means that there is no power button available on devices. As Roku is connected to smart TV, when the TV is turned on, Roku is also on and when TV is turned off, Roku goes to standby mode.
There is no need to turn on the Roku streaming device manually. It will respond based on the TV that the device is connected to. This applies only if your TV has Roku OS, and no external device is connected to it.
Turn on Roku Without Remote
In those TV that has Roku OS, there are emergency buttons that you can find either on the back of the TV or at the bottom. You can press those buttons to turn on the Roku TV, but if you can’t find those buttons, then you can use the Roku application on your smartphone both Android and iOS. This app will help you give access to control and navigation.
Steps to Follow
(2) Make sure your mobile and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
(3) Open the Roku app and go to the Devices icon on the bottom and tap on it.
(4) Once you click on the device, your Roku device will appear. Then tap on the remote icon that corresponds to your Roku TV.
(5) You will now get the remote layout on your smartphone. You can easily control Roku TV with this remote. You can use the remote application as long as you want, just make sure that both smartphone and TV are connected to the same wifi network.
In this tutorial, I have shown you how to Turn on Roku TV Without a Remote. If you don’t find using this application convenient, then better buy another remote from the Roku Store. If you have any queries, you can ask us via the comment section.
Screenshot Courtesy:: Streamingtrick
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I turn on my TCL Roku TV without the remote?
In the TCL Roku TV, the power button is available right below the TCL logo. Press the power button to turn on the device.
2. Is there a power button on Roku TV?
Yes, there is a power button on Roku TV. Based on TV models, the button may be at the bottom or at the back.
3. Where is the power button on Philips Roku TV?
In the Philips Roku TV, the power button is available on the back right-hand side of the TV.