YI Home for PC lets you connect with your family through real-time video and audio anytime and anywhere, with just an internet connection and YI Home application.
Table of Contents
- 1 About YI Home
- 2 Interesting Features of YI Home
- 3 Can I install YI Home for PC?
- 4 System Requirements of Bluestacks
- 5 Installing YI Home for PC using Bluestacks
- 6 Rating of YI Home
- 7 Best Alternatives of YI Home
- 8 Conclusion
About YI Home
YI Home application is developed to work specifically with the YI Home cameras. It lets you connect with your family and friends in real-time. These cameras are equipped with a 111° wide-angle lens, so you can extend the area of coverage to enable a clear view of specific areas and objects.
It comes with great features like you have to simply double click to activate 4x digital zoom to focus on details. Moreover, with a simple tap on your mobile phone, you can initiate a 2-way conversation with your family remotely just like an intercom system. It has a specially designed microphone and speaker that ensures loud and clear voice quality.
Interesting Features of YI Home
- The YI Home camera uses all-glass lenses with an f/2.0 aperture to produce bright and crystal images. With its HD resolution (1280×720), it still delivers excellent image quality even if you’re enlarged to view small details.
- It always keeps an eye on things that is important to you. It comes with built-in high accuracy motion detection technology, where the camera sends a notification to your mobile phone that contains details about the movement that was detected so you always stay on top of things that you care about, instantly.
- It supports up to 32GB SD card, and it stores video and audio of special moments, fully indexed, Best yet, it has a built-in mode that triggers store action only when an image change is detected to achieve the best storage capacity optimization.
- It has adaptive streaming technology that automatically adjusts to the optimal viewing quality based on your network conditions.
Can I install YI Home for PC?
You can use the YI Home PC application using their official website. The reason I insist to install the Android version of the applications on your PC is that most people are used to Android applications. So using the same sort of application on your PC will be very much easy and convenient. So today I will show you how you can install the Android version of YI Home for PC.
First, we will need to install an Android emulator like Bluestacks, which you can download here. Once you have installed Bluestacks on your PC, you can run many Android applications on your PC. Before installing Bluestacks, please have a look at the system requirements for Bluestacks. Once you know that your PC has all the requirements, you can then install YI Home for PC.
System Requirements of Bluestacks
Minimum System Requirements
- You should have at least Microsoft Windows 7.
- Dual-Core Intel or AMD Processor.
- The PC must have at least 2GB of RAM.
- 5GB Free Disk Space.
- You must be an Administrator on your PC.
- Up-to-date graphics drivers from the chipset vendor.
Recommended System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10 has recent updates installed.
- It is recommended to have Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor.
- The recommendation for graphics is to have Intel, Nvidia, or ATI Onboard or a Discrete controller.
- Make sure to enable Virtualization on your PC.
- The recommended RAM is 8GB or higher.
- 5GB free space in an SSD drive.
- Broadband connection to access games, accounts, and related content.
Installing YI Home for PC using Bluestacks
- Run the installed Bluestacks emulator.
- Sign in using your email ID.
- Then open the Google Play Store.
- Write YI Home in the search bar.
- Open it and click on install.
- Wait a while, installation will be finished soon.
- On your home screen, you can see YI Home for PC installed.
- Open it and start using it on your PC.
Rating of YI Home
Best Alternatives of YI Home
YI Home for PC is compatible with YI Home cameras only. It has great features like the gyroscope support, integrated into the Yi Smart App, that allows you to follow the mobile phone orientation, making it easier to see every corner being monitored. Once you install YI Home for PC, you will be able to enjoy all these features on your PC, and monitoring on a bigger screen is always a plus point.